PDA

View Full Version : oil line to cooler seal P/N

smcnutt
10-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I am looking for the P/N of the bushing/seal that goes into the oil cooler line fitting. In dwg # 14368 where it shows the front view of the engine/oil cooler, it is shown with 'Note #2' but then I can't read what note # 2 says.

This is the bushing that seals the oil line connection to the cooler. We have a slight leak where the oil cooler line passes thru this large nut.

Thanks for the help.

JohnW
10-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi, Sandy; sometimes you need to "cheat" a little. Note 2 was added not only to the Dwg you ref'd (14368) but it was also added to Dwg 14728. Once you can "read the text", I think you should have little or no problem "seeing" that both notes are identical.

[It says: " 2. OIL COMPRESSION NUT SEAL ALL OVER BEFORE TIGHTENING -TIGHTEN TO 125 IN.LBS.- THEN SAFETY"]. (Sometimes people don't clearly "get" the meaning. It means to..."put oil all over the comp nut seal before tightening. Tighten to 125 in/lbs, then safetie as illustrated")

Clear as mud, now, eh?

There are no stupid questions (but sometimes the answers can get a little questionable...)

Err, uh...I can't dig out the seal p/n from my Little Red Book (think it may have rotted down "over the years" and departed the Reference). If nobody else has it "at their fingertips", I'm SURE that Univair not only helped me out...they sell these seals (they DID, anyway!) , give them a call.

JohnW
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Ah HAAAHH! Piper p/n 484 654 , a subassembly of Silastic p/n 1100-08 (that's the Elbow the pipe gozinta).

smcnutt
10-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks! Just ordered 4 of them @ $2.45/each. I had to poke around to find some other stuff to make the order worth while. Not often that you have an aircraft parts order that's NOT big enough. :roll:

Problem was that the small oil leak that these caused kept my mechanic from signing off on my annual Saturday. I had to scrub our planned flight over Southern Indiana on probably the nicest fall day I've seen in quite a while. :x I know, better safe than sorry and all that....but it was a REALLY great day to be flying - Well, it would have been. :lol: