PDA

View Full Version : Ski Treatment

skydogk
11-30-2009, 09:13 PM
I've got a pair of Airglass / Landis 2000 skis lined with P-tex and steel skags. I've noticed that my LH ski seems to stick to the snow much more than my RH ski. Are there any tricks such as hot wax or so that would help my LH ski become more slippery?

skydogk

Steve Pierce
11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Boy you got me there. 50 plus degrees here today. ;)

skydogk
11-30-2009, 11:42 PM
So what your sayin' is I need to line the bottom with needle bearings? Works for you!

skydogk

JohnW
12-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Waxes WORK, but only "really good" for about the first HALF of a take off run. The "benefit" of waxing is usually completely GONE by the time you get back to the hangar. Too much WORK, for too little RETURN.

Silicone spray works pretty well, but only lasts about TWO trips. I saw skiis TEFLON coated for a while there (er, is THAT what you mean when you say "P-TEX"? I'm a Federal man, my whole life, and don't ken to "P-Tex") , but THAT crap was IMPOSSIBLE to get OFF once it wears through a little and begins "bannering" behind the ski! It worked pretty good, though.

Best thing I've found is that VERY EXPENSIVE (uh, what is it...PTFE?) electrician tape-looking stuff that is available in 6" (hell, probably SIX FOOT!) wide "tape rolls". ACS even sells it, in varying widths. This stuff was "roadside litter" in Alaska "back when they wuz buildin' the Pipeline". I'm not sure why ONE ski would be "sticky" as long as the "stuff" is still INTACT on the bottom. If it AIN'T, well, maybe you should send it back to Airglas for a re-do?

Uh, have you considered "holding in right stick on takeoff?", or disconnecting your right flap? :D