PDA

View Full Version : STC SA1033EA (oil cooler hoses)

one2905
02-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Hi
Has any one used this STC? How do I approach the owner of this document ? I would like to contact the owner.
Appreciate your feed back.
Dan
2905p

Steve Pierce
02-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Walter Thompson, Jr.
47 Mountaindale Rd.
Mountaindale NY 12763
845-434-1252
Seems like I remember seeing these listed in the Univair catalog. I did it with a log book entry per me FAA Primary Maintenance Inspector's advice. He said the hoses are TSO'd for this application.

one2905
02-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Steve,
Did call and spoke to Walter Thompson . Had a very nice visit . He would be sending me a copy . As to getting the hoses made up I checked with
my local IA contact and he will be helping me getting them made up. Thanks for heads up on checking with Univair.They have fantastic parts but
the prices are way up there.
My IA suggested I put the hoses down under engine on back to accessory case. Whats your thoughts?
Dan
2905p

halestorm
02-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Hello

As far as routing the hoses go, if you're going to use the STC you're going to have to route them according to the STC. Ultimately up to your IA to interpret the STC. If you're going to installed TSO'd aircraft hose with a log book entry, as Steve suggested, an A&P can route them however he/she pleases. With reference of course to AC 43.13.

Sam

Steve Pierce
02-16-2010, 07:36 AM
I have been getting the teflon hoses made up by Varga in AZ. They have the best price and service I have found. http://vargaair.com/ Late model Super Cubs had the hoses routed under the engine and that is my prefered method but as Sam noted if using the STC you need to follow it. I will post some pictures when I get some free time.