PDA

View Full Version : Installation of an HSI in a Tripacer

tripacer
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm installing an S-Tec 180 HSI system and need to know if anyone here has installed an HSI in a TriPacer or Pacer?
Specifically I need to know WHERE you installed the Flux Gate !!

anyone !

redbarron55
03-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Typically the flux gate would be installed in the wing tip. If the tip is not removable I would install it to the inside of the outter wing rib with an access panel in the fabric. It could be installed in the fuselage, but the influence of the steel in the fuselage would be greater. The unit should be insalled so that it is level in level flight.
The further you can keep it away from the nav light and strobe wires the better.

JDB.

tripacer
03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes the wing tip looks OK but the Mfg. cautions against any Ferris metal close by. He even said make sure the wing closure doesn't have steel clips, of which they all do !
What I really need is a drawing of the wing layout so I can stay clear of the drag wires ! Sadly the SWPC Drawing CD doesn't have the wing drawing !

JohnW
03-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Sadly the SWPC Drawing CD doesn't have the wing drawing !

Sure it does. "Panel Assembly-Wing" either 12483 or 14407 depending on if you have the 12 or 13 rib wing (early s/ns v late s/ns). They're each in their respective Model Index, or the easiest way to find them (when you have the Dwg number) is to use the Numeric Index and go to the Drawing number direct from there.

:wink: