PDA

View Full Version : Need used rear wing struts

Paul Watts
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I have a friend who is a volunteer with the Vought Heritage Foundation. They are currently restoring an OS-3U aircraft. It is a WWII float plane used by the Navy as a spotter for their artillery fire.

They have a need for streamlined tubing to make the struts to the float and the outriggers. It turns out that the drawings call for tubing with major & minor axis (almost) identical to our rear wing struts.

We are hoping that there is a generous member or two who has recently upgraded to the sealed struts, & would be willing to donate (or charge a nominal amount) his/her old rear struts to the foundation. They need at least 3, & preferably 4 struts. They will be cut up, so any bad spots won't matter. Also the plane will be strictly a museum display, so they do not need to be airworthy.

They are located in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, so if there are any members in the N Texas area that could donate, it would make it a lot simpler for us to come get them.

Thanks for your consideration!

Paul Watts
paulwatts@juno.com

Frogdad
05-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Paul,
I have two that you can have.

Don

stevesaircraft(Bri)
05-04-2011, 10:11 PM
I have quite a few of them. Unfortunately, I am located in Oregon so they would have to be shipped......If I knew the lengths they need to be I would be willing to cut them and send them your way....

Brian.

Paul Watts
05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Paul,
I have two that you can have.

Don

Thanks Don that would be great! Are you Don Jordan? It is Jack Brouse that needs them. I am going to be in Waxahachie this Saturday & could drop by either your house, or meet you at the airport (F66). Give me a call at 817 491-9529, or email at paulwatts@juno.com

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul Watts
05-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks Brian. I will check with my friend to see what lengths they need. If they can be shipped UPS maybe it wouldn't be very expensive?? I will get back with you.

Thanks again,
Paul