PDA

View Full Version : Clipper CG range

Bruce
06-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Does any one know what the CG range is for a clipper? Would it be the same for a PA-20? My wagabond project is almost complete and I'm working on the wt and balance. My fuse is the same length and tanks in the same location as a clipper. thanks, Bruce

Steve Pierce
06-24-2011, 05:24 PM
They both are listed here in the Type Certificate Data Sheets.
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/Frameset?OpenPage

Bruce
06-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Steve, I could'nt open up the site. Bruce

Steve Pierce
06-25-2011, 08:30 AM
The link works from here. You can try googling "FAA Type Certificate Data Sheet". I would look at all the PA20 TCDS as well.

PA16
Normal Category:
(+11.5)
to
(+23.0)
at
1650 lbs.
(+10.0)
to
(+23.0)
at
1175 lbs. or less
Utility Category:
(+10.7)
to
(+15.5)
at
1400 lbs.
(+10.0)
to
(+15.5)
at
1175 lbs. or less

Bruce
06-25-2011, 08:34 AM
My computer @ work was blocked. Thanks Bruce

Gilbert Pierce
06-25-2011, 09:19 PM
The Clipper and Pacer do not have the same CG range or loading diagram. See the appropriate TCDS for the difference

JohnW
06-26-2011, 06:42 AM
The Clipper and Pacer do not have the same CG range or loading diagram. See the appropriate TCDS for the difference

Neither does the project (Wagabond) airplane. Bruce, you need to seek guidance from your local EAA Tech Counselor guy. You'll make a new friend. I'm smilin' when I say that building your own airplane is BOTH for the recreation AND THE EDUCATION OF the builder. There is more to consider than the pounds and inches all by themselves, and ANY variance "in the building" directly influences how the airplane flies. It'll BET you didn't build your "wagabond" exactly like a Clipper and not exactly like a Pacer either, and it should say something to you that as similar as the Pacer is to the Clipper, things are DIFFERENT. Doing something that "looks like" something else does NOT make it "the same". You've come this far (and don't say you haven't enjoyed the recreation, and admit that you HAVE had "an education" doing this whether you intended to, or not) and now is no time to start cutting corners. You want your Experimental to NOT wind up being "a failure".