PDA

View Full Version : Fresno Air Parts

tnowak
10-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Many, many years ago I got some Cont. A65 parts from them. Are they still around and do they have a stock list on-line (Googling didn't help)? I believe they don't deal in any sort of electronic money (credit/debit cards), but apart from that are they still a good source?
Thanks

Tony N

Steve Pierce
10-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Tony, They are still going strong supplying small Continental engine parts at reasonable prices. I use their ad in Trade-A-Plane as a reference. Here is all I could find online. http://www.trade-a-plane.com/company-search?id=53087

pmanton
10-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I just bought a ton of Continental parts from them. They will ship COD and accept payment by check. Check in advance but no plastic.

Paul
N1431A
2AZ1

Darrel Starr
10-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Careful -- I wouldn't trust those people, period! Some years back they supplied soft Continental gears and foisted them off as new old stock real Continental. Some guy broke a gear on run-up (Thank God not in flight).
The resulting AD listed all of the people or companies that bought the bad gears -- Vivian Starr was on the list (gears for the C85-12 in our Cessna 120). We had to buy new real Continental gears from someone else. I tried to get my money back from Fresno but they lied to me over the phone and stiffed me.
I've seen push rods sold by them also and they obviously are poorly made bogus parts.
If you buy junk from these folks just know you were forewarned.

Vagabondblues
10-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Here is the SAIB about Fresno.

Steve Pierce
10-29-2011, 09:33 AM
I do remember this. I have purchased a lot of parts from them, especially oil pump kits, cams and lifters with never a bit of problem.

tnowak
11-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Seems Fresno will accept PayPal, so that could be convenient for me.
Are there other suppliers, similar to Fresno Airparts, who stock common A65 bits such as valves, rings and pistons etc? My copy of Trade a Plane is 6 years old now!

TonyN

pmanton
11-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Robert Weber also in Fresno is another supplier of Continental parts. 559 275 3403.
All the stuff I've been getting from Fresno Airparts has come in the original Continental or Superior boxes.

Paul
N1431A
2AZ1