PDA

View Full Version : SWP.org BBQ before Sun-N-Fun?

JoeB
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sun-N-Fun 2012 is quickly approaching, March 27th-April 1st.

I am thinking about hosting a SWP.org gathering at my hangar to all those that may be passing through (just south of ATL GA, 8GA9). There is plenty of room in the hangar if only a few show up, or lots of room to tie-down if more than a gaggle. This would be a camping environment (EDIT: with electricity, water and facilities)

I haven't put much thought into this yet, but maybe Monday the 26th? Fly-In during the day, BBQ and a few beverages in the evening?

The flight down from my place to SnF is about 4hrs

Any interest?

-Joe

Steve Pierce
11-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a great idea Joe, I need to look at a map and get a plan together myself. Would be great to see your new digs and project. Any chance you will have brought some work home for a little test drive. 8)

Gilbert Pierce
11-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Sounds like a great idea Joe, I need to look at a map and get a plan together myself. Would be great to see your new digs and project. Any chance you will have brought some work home for a little test drive. 8)

Yea! Bring 3 or 4 differnent models and we will test them side by side.:icon_biggrin:

JoeB
11-22-2011, 09:31 PM
What? And take up valuable hangar space with cars???
I might be able to work something out for a little show-n-tell ;-)

Sorry Gilbert, It is a grass strip so the 'side by side testing' is out of the question

Curly
11-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Ooh! grass strip - great for doin' donuts!

Throttle Pusher
11-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Sounds like fun, I'd probably have to drive in.
If thats ok

JoeB
11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Sounds like fun, I'd probably have to drive in.
If thats ok

Sure! You'll have a good shot at the long distance award coming from Washington (unless Curly can make it)

Throttle Pusher
11-25-2011, 01:19 AM
Now that would be a drive!

I'd. Be driving in from CLT.

rmalone
11-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Kim and I are trying for SNF this year. Sounds like a good way to start it off.

JrBirdman
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
JOE, I would love to attend, or even lend a hand. It is only a 7 minute flight for me to Brooks Bridge.

Reid Murphy

JoeB
12-07-2011, 04:58 PM
JOE, I would love to attend, or even lend a hand. It is only a 7 minute flight for me to Brooks Bridge.

Reid Murphy

Reid, I forgot to mention that, any Shortwingers within 50 miles of 8GA9 are required to come out and join us!
Love to have you out to the hangar, looking forward to a gathering

Joe

mauserbull
12-07-2011, 09:02 PM
I will be driving my golf cart to the event. LOL

PeterL
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Joe, You can count me in, I have a weeks holidays then.

It would be cool to have a bunch of Short Wings fly into SNF at once.

Peter

JoeB
12-07-2011, 11:09 PM
I will be driving my golf cart to the event. LOL

Good, I was worried about the Home Owners Association but I think I just got approval ;-)

JoeB
12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Joe, You can count me in, I have a weeks holidays then.

It would be cool to have a bunch of Short Wings fly into SNF at once.

Peter

Peter, I think this may be a great photo opportunity in the making!

kloudking1
12-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Now that would be a drive!

I'd. Be driving in from CLT.

Throttle Pusher,

I hope to have the Colt flying then. Maybe we could fly there in the Colt or ride with my buddy in his 210. His dad lives about 10 miles from there at one of those air-parks. I would be just going over for the day or maybe camping out and flying back the next morning. Don't think I'm going to SNF this year, but you never know!

Tony

Throttle Pusher
12-24-2011, 09:34 PM
That sounds great!
I'm hoping that my wife and son can go,then we'll probably drive.
But if its just me, then I'll let you know.

Ken

kloudking1
12-30-2011, 04:40 PM
That sounds great!
I'm hoping that my wife and son can go,then we'll probably drive.
But if its just me, then I'll let you know.

Ken

Sounds good. We got the wings on yesterday, but they still have to be rigged. Have a few things to finish but hope to be at least taxiing it around by the end of Jan.

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad101/shortwing22/N5364Z%20Piper%20Colt%20Pictures/ColtWithWings.jpg

JoeB
02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
Quick update since I haven't been around lately.
The hangar projects are moving along, but still lots of work to do in very little time. (This is the best way for me to achieve my goals)
It certainly won't be the Ritz, but the electricity is on and the water is now hooked up.
Going to be getting some walls up this week and should have a fully functioning bathroom by the 26th. There may even be a door!
Looking forward to BBQ, some story's and then off to Sun n Fun!
For those interested in stopping in, please send me a PM with your contact info.

Joe's BBQ invite disclaimer: This is a private residential community, not a public airport. This BBQ is by invite & RSVP only. Let's all play nice and be friendly so I can offer it again next year! If one person screws this up with a inverted high speed pass, they will ruin it for everyone. (...but that would be pretty impressive and might be worth it)

JoeB
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I was mowing the grass at the hangar last night, enjoying the weather and considering camping there Monday night, absolutely perfect weather.
For those planning on coming by, please do send me your contact # so we can keep in touch. I will reply with my cell # and some airport/taxi instructions.
On Monday I plan on being at the hangar for most of the day, probably fly out to somewhere local for lunch and then back for a BBQ that evening. If you are coming early or late, please let me know so I can make sure I'm there when you arrive.
For those heading down to Sun N Fun on Tuesday, the airshow shuts down the airport from 12-6:30 (If memory serves me correct, check these times!), keep this in mind for your flight planning.
-Joe

PeterL
03-23-2012, 10:08 PM
I see that you are just 22 nm s. of ATL. WOW, I would say downwind left for the 27's.

I'll have to see how the wx works out flying down. I'll pm my US cell no. to you.

Peter

JoeB
03-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Looking forward to it! Just sent you an email Peter with some additional airport and taxi directions. Anyone else considering stopping by, send me a PM or email and I'll forward it to you as well.
Best regards,
Joe

smcnutt
03-24-2012, 09:53 AM
For those of us that will not be able to make it, large number of pictures would be appreciated.

Sounds like a great time in the making.

Throttle Pusher
03-24-2012, 03:51 PM
So whats the date for this? 26th 27th?
I can drive down the evening of the 26 and be there for the 27th, So is this another dollar short and a day late?:cool:

I see that you are just 22 nm s. of ATL. WOW, I would say downwind left for the 27's.

I wonder how many times I've flown over.

Steve Pierce
03-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Sorry I can't make it. Flying down with a friend and his wife in a CAP232 and a Bonanza.

JoeB
03-24-2012, 09:23 PM
So whats the date for this? 26th 27th?

Sorry, it's on Monday the 26th. I think everyone will be heading down trying to get to Steve's forum on Tuesday!
Maybe I should do this on the weekend next year?

Throttle Pusher
03-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Ya Im working friday through monday, I get off at three which would put me there around 9:00 ish.
What time and tent is Steve's meeting going to be. Maybe I could fly down for the day,look around and meet some of my fellow shortwingers.

JoeB
03-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Steve's forum is on Maintaining and Restoring Short Wing Pipers on Tuesday at noon in room 8 of the Forum building.

Hmm, wait just a minute. Isn't ironic that a guy doing a forum on 'maintaining' is hitching a ride to the show? ;-)

Throttle Pusher
03-25-2012, 06:41 PM
sounds kind of suspicious.

Shouldn't he be flying his wifes slotted wing down to the show?

Steve Pierce
03-26-2012, 06:39 AM
and the plumber's faucet drips. 8)

Throttle Pusher
03-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Im surprised that she hasent cracked the whip on that one.

Steve Pierce
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Ha, it's tax season and she is knee deep in work. 8)

JrBirdman
04-12-2012, 06:48 PM

I'll have to see how the wx works out flying down. I'll pm my US cell no. to you.

Peter

PETER,

We are indeed close to the ATL RWYs 27s/28 downwind. Also under the south SIDS to Florida. If you have a decent ATL layover give me a call and I can pick you up and show you around. And that goes for anyone passing through KFFC; or stuck in the area for WX/Maint.

REID MURPHY