PDA

View Full Version : Lower Aileron Cable Exit

stretchedpacer
02-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I am building an experimental and am getting the right wing ready to cover. I am using the stock PA22 pulley system. The upper pulley is easy as it is tucked in and does not contact the fabric. The lower pulley however looks like it will be approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inches below the fabric which doesnt make sense to me. I would rather not put some kind of cover that protrudes below the wing but I dont really see a way around it. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brad

moe2goe
02-22-2012, 10:02 AM
3587358935873589Hi Brad, I am about to close my wing - so took a couple shots. The lower pulley is very close to the fabric, but as it pivits from the cable tension, it should take it to a place with clearance. My pictures are from the wing upside down, and my cables were secured so as to not interfere with fabric install. Only tip I can think of is to make sure the pulley bracket is attached so as to allow the pulley to pivit to the proper position when under cable tension. ( I held camera upside down) Moe

stretchedpacer
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Moe,

Thanks for the input. That is exactly the issue I am referencing. I will go back through it tomorrow night and see. Its very easy to adjust but I want to make sure the pulley is aligned so it doesnt wear funny (or bind!). Thanks again.

Brad