PDA

View Full Version : Pa-22/20 Project, less engine and prop

ATC691
03-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Complete Pa-22/20 project for sale. Serial 22-4717, model PA-22-150. Complete except for engine and prop. Fuselage was damaged, aft section repaired and 337 signed off, Alaska Pa-18 type tail reinforcement fabricated, welded in and FAA 337d (the tail damage would not have occured if the strenghening kit had been there). All logs since first flight in 1957. New Univair LH main gear. Dual brakes, individually adjustable front seats. All control surfaces covered except rudder (rudder needs minor repair at bottom.) Wings covered and painted white (has minor fabric abrasion on bottom of RH wing tip bow, wings have 18 gallon tanks with gauges and covers (this year has left and right individual instrument panel fuel gauges.) Complete cowlings with Pa-20 (Univair) lower cowl (not converted Pa-22), excellent nose bowl and upper cowlings as well. STCd for 8.50X6 larger tires on Cleveland disc brakes (tires and brakes included), tailwheel and springs, center-stack style radio panel, basic instruments plus AH and DG (AN size original instruments). 4 unsealed struts. Original firewall and boot cowl panels for patterns. Windshield, upper and lower windshield mounting strips, all door and windows, original floorboards and rear seat heat ducting and outlet. Has oil bath vacuum pump and air/oil separator, complete very good exhaust (muffler just leak tested at Aerospace welding), standard weight starter and generator. Includes primer, gascolator, fuel valves and tubing, etc. It will all fit in an enclosed rental truck. Clear title with a current N number. Univair conversion parts alone would cost approx $6000. $9500 for all. Tom 952-21O-18O7

Steve Pierce
03-31-2012, 07:08 AM
Tom, I was curious about the Alaska PA18 type tail reinforcement. What exactly is it? Thanks.

ATC691
04-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Evidently the first reply did not come thru - it is similar to the Atlee Dodge clamp in rear fuselage strengthening kit for the Pa-18 (you can see this on the Univair site by going to the Atlee Dodge link on the upper left). This one is made of radiused end steel tubes and welded in. Also has a horizontal tube that goes transverse from the lower left to lower right longeron. The long section of unsupported lower longerons on the Pa-22, just ahead of the tail post, is fairly easy to damage with a sideload such as a ground loop. The upper longerons came from the factory with a diagonal tube section welded in and as a result it it generally the lower longerons that get damaged with a side load.

Tadpole
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Tom, is this still for sale?

ATC691
05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Tom, is this still for sale?

Yes it is. I have a guy coming down to look at it again on the 19th, but it is still available.

If you want pictures - advise where to send them.

Thanks,
Tom

Tadpole
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I'll PM you my email address. Thanks.