PDA

View Full Version : floats

chopper12
06-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Just wondering where you guys that are on floats have your water rudder pull up cable come threw the floor and also where you hang it. Pilot side or in the middle?A picture would be great .THANKS

halestorm
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Hello

EDO's drawing shows the retract cable routed up to the left side wall by the pilot.

In my airplane we routed it up the center and attached it to a hook up by the rudder pedals on the floor, it sounds awkward but it worked really well. All of my float flying was done from the right seat so having the retract handle way over on the left wasn't going to work. I used the EDO handle and the little tube that sticks out the bottom of the airplane and added an MS pulley to point the cable back forward once inside the airplane. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a picture of the setup, sorry.

Sam

Airwrench
06-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I've been installing these tubes just aft of the control yoke. The tube has a dog leg in it to miss the elevator actuator rod, and I put the hook on the yoke itself. It's a little awkward to reach, but it maximizes the foot clearance and can be reached from either side. - SCB

Bob Mac
06-15-2012, 06:02 PM
On SuperCub.org. there were 2 active threads in the last few days dealing with this issue and one dealing with an almost ready to fly experimental Cub that showed a neat arrangement for easier manipulation.
Being almost computer illiterate I can't give an "address"!

Fisherman
06-16-2012, 01:26 PM
I make a cured tube that points to the center of the water rudders out of SS. Weld a square piece SS on the upper end of the tube as a mounting base. Make a hock that mounts to the brake handle bracket and weld up two rings that attach to the water rudders cable. When you pull the water rudders up it hocks on to the hock on the brake handle braket. The SS tube is installed just to the right of the elevator tube so that there is clearance for your hand on either side of the flap lever. When the water rudders are down the double ring hock rests on the floor. This position will give you just the right amount of cable travel. Hope this helps.
Regards Colin

chopper12
06-17-2012, 01:39 PM
THANKS for the replies ,they helped me get her figured out.