PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Fly-In/Drive-In Pulled Pork Lunch

Zac Weidner
08-28-2012, 06:51 AM
I have pasted an email I received recently about a fly-in near Effingham, IL. I went to a pancake breakfast in July at this strip, and I was very impressed with the quality of his grass strip, as well as with the amazing turnout. There were probably over 40 airplanes there over the period of a few hours. I would encourage anyone within a reasonable distance to consider coming if the weather is nice, because you will likely be glad you did.

I hope to see a friendly shortwing there!

REMINDER:
Monday September 3rd from 11AM till 3PM is our annual Pulled Pork Lunch at Shumway "Innernational" Airport.

If you are driving we are located at 19260 N. 700th Street, Shumway, Illinois. Look for the "Shumway curve" on IL Rt. 33 just west of Shumway. The airport is 1/4 mile west and 1/4 mile north of the curve. For the pilots flying in, the GPS location is: N39° 11.52', W88° 40.22'. This is approximately 10nm NNW of Effingham Memorial Airport 1H2

Runway:
This is a 09-27 sod strip, Elevation is 642’ MSL, Length 2338’, Width 200'. Runway conditions are normally very good but please call to verify if you have questions. Use Effingham AWOS 118.375 and monitor 122.9.

More Info:
For more information about our Pulled Pork Lunch on Labor Day, download the attached flyer or call Jack at217-821-2868.

EAA Members or Pilots:
Please forward this to other members in your chapter or other pilots who might be interested in attending.

Here is a picture of our Tri-Pacer and a 250 Comanche that showed up with a matching paint scheme.

Ed Brown
08-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey Zac, I agree, it should be a nice fly-in.
See you there.

Ed Brown

Zac Weidner
08-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm hoping we get just enough rain from this hurricane to take care of our drought, and it stops raining Sunday afternoon in time to dry up just enough for a fly-in. And I'm hoping that it's in time to still help our soybeans. Lots of wishful thinking, isn't it?