PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Pacer iPad mount options?????

tfreeman
09-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I just purchased a PA-22-160 and was wondering if anyone has a good way to mount an iPad. Yoke, windscreen? Yoke mount looks like it would block the panel view too much. Would a yoke mount limit the motion too much? I have a knee board mount but looking for other ideas. Thanks

rwdurham
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Agree with your assessment that it blocks the panel view. When I'm alone, I mount it on the right yoke. When I have a passenger, I use an ipad kneeboard.

dplunkt
09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I had a panel mounted Lowrance 2000 gps an dtook it out when I got my iPad. This left a space and hole in the panel. I used a ram mount and attached it to a cross tube in the back of the panel:

I have to look around it to see one guage. I'm going to get the smaller iPad when it comes out and panel mount that which should fit perfectly. How you mount it depends on your panel configuation.

tfreeman
09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have an old Nav/Com in the dash that I probably wonk use and may be able to mount it similar to yours. On another note, where did you get the check list on your yoke? That looks very handy!

dplunkt
09-06-2012, 09:36 PM
the check list; Given the state of my memory I need all the help I can get. What I do is type the check list out on my computer (i made the text white on black background to match my panel) then I print it out, take it to Staples to have it laminated and velcro it to the yoke. Yea, I've got too much time on my hands.