PDA

View Full Version : Seat dimensions PA14 vs. PA22

jlatham
12-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Is there a difference between the front and rear seat dimensions on the PA14 and the PA22? I'm looking at the Wag Aero 2+2 experimental but don't want any less space than what is in my Tri-Pacer.

Stephen
12-11-2012, 01:31 AM
The 14 is more narrow than the 22.

I did major work on a 14, and flew it for a while, great airplane but, not very easy to sit side by side with someone else. You can off set the front seats...but it is narrow.

I own and fly a 22/20.

Steve Pierce
12-11-2012, 07:28 AM
I have a PA14 in the shop now and will try and remember to measure the width. Like Stephen said, it is considerably narrower.

jlatham
12-11-2012, 09:09 AM
That's very helpful. I think I'll pass on the project, then. My friend in Africa turns the back passengers around in his Glastar Sportsman and then puts a fifth person in the "seat" to make it a five place. I was thinking of doing something similar here in Mexico but with an experimental pacer/cruiser. It's tight, but most Mexicans are smaller! Besides, I'm up front. But it sounds like the Cruiser family is slimmer than the Pacer family. Anyone interested check out https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8a72668c5d666fa970a0 . He's asking 15K and it comes with an O320. If I didn't need the seats...

BTW - Steve, I'm the one who bought your aux tank. It went in and worked on the first try. Used it already to fly 4.1 hours. Thanks so much. Since VFR flight here requires the Commandante's signature, it's normally an hour of paperwork for each flight. That tank is going to save us a lot of time since we won't have to stop on most trips.

Marty57
12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
My 2+2 fuselage is 39-1/2" wide at the front seats. Sliding tracks for the seat will make it more manageable up front. Off hand I don't remember the rear width but can measure it if necessary. It is narrower than the 172 rear seat I have for it by about 3 or 4".
Marty57

Steve Pierce
12-12-2012, 07:40 AM
BTW - Steve, I'm the one who bought your aux tank. It went in and worked on the first try. Used it already to fly 4.1 hours. Thanks so much. Since VFR flight here requires the Commandante's signature, it's normally an hour of paperwork for each flight. That tank is going to save us a lot of time since we won't have to stop on most trips.

Good deal. I figured the install would go smoothly.