PDA

View Full Version : Wanted section

richas
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
How do I get permission to post there? Right now I cannot.

Thanks

Rich

MN_flyer1
01-10-2013, 01:54 PM
I think you have to be a paying member.

Tim

richas
01-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Oooops.

Just paid.

Rich

smcnutt
01-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I keep forgetting to do that also....Just paid myself as well.

Steve Pierce
01-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Thanks guys. Your support is greatly appreciated.

smcnutt
01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I definitely get more from here than I get from my AOPA magazine subscription -er, I mean membership. It's just harder to read while in my porcelain library. :)

B. Bradley
01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I hope this is the right thread. I am a past member of SWPC. Lost my medical, sold my Tri-Pacer. I have started back into radio control models. I am currently drawing plans for a 1/7 scale Tri-Pacer. I want to use scale operating ailerons and flaps. I have lots of photos of my past two Tri-Pacers, scale three vews, and parts manual. What I really need is a cross section of the aileron / trailing edge showing the scale aileron
shape and the geometry of the hinge pin pivot.

How many times have you preflighted the hinge pins and not given a thought about how this assembly really works??

Would appreciate any help

B. Bradley

walt.buskey
01-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Mr. Bradley- it appears we're "backwards" to each other... after building & flying RC and FF models for years (and flying planes belonging to anyone foolish enough to let me into them), I finally bought a full-scale plane. (Just think of all the money I'll save not having to buy transmitters, receivers & servos!!-- Yeah, right....)

I'm going down to the hangar today to work on it for a bit; I'll see if I can get some pics of the aileron & hinge parts for you. Any specific view angle you need? Walt

Bob Ohio
01-13-2013, 08:06 AM
How about a 33% Tri Pacer. Have a scale Colt with a .46 in it

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTMclJyI7Y

Bob 52 Tri- Pacer

walt.buskey
01-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Well, that RC looks like it's as fast as my PA-22! I only hope I'll be able to land as well as the model did when I get to that point. (But not the touch & go- that looked a bit harsh....)

Mr. Bradley-as promised, some close-ups of the aileron & flap hinges, etc.

B. Bradley
01-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Bob, Beautiful. The Hostetler kits / plans are no longer available. Did Mr. Hostetler use scale flaps and ailerons in his plans? If he did, could you send me a photo of the aileron/ hinge X section?

Thanks,

B. Bradley

B. Bradley
01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
463146324633Bob, this is my third try to reply to your kind post of photographs. They are terrific. If you happen to be in your hangar with your camera would you shoot the aileron in the full up / down position from the same angle as your first photo :icon_biggrin:

The drawings are a few of the attempts to figure out this arrangement. The up, down movement seems O.K. until a control scale control horn is fitted. In the up position the horn bangs into the trailing edge unless a goofy angle is adopted. I can't pinpoint the problem. the curvature of the leading edge is just a guess but seems to work without binding. but something is amess.

The model photos are of my first Tr-Pacer design. It is a 36" electric parkflyer. It is scale in outline, but the ailerons and flaps are top hinged in typical model fashon. The cowling is one piece plastic, and comes with the short kit. www.manzanolaser.com.

Thank you so much again for your photos,

Bill Bradley