PDA

View Full Version : Pulley bracket and rib question

NRW-Aviator
05-27-2013, 07:24 AM
I powdercoated the steel parts in the wings and this bracket looks a little bent. Is that right? I got a bag with some used parts and there was this bracket too. And it looks same.

I change one rib (the second to last) to a Univair stamped one but that it doesnīt fit. It is a little too short so that the wooden bow doesnīt fit and on the bottum side itīs a little too big. Any idea what to do?

Michael

Gilbert Pierce
05-27-2013, 09:31 AM
In your first picture, the pulley bracket is definitely bent.

Steve Pierce
05-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes your puller cage is bent. The nose rib is correct. The rib is stamped and the flange is to one side rather than the center like the original rib. Install the rib and custom fit to the wing tip bow using the outboard compound leading edge skin as a guide.

NRW-Aviator
05-28-2013, 07:44 AM
so RH and LH is the same bracket. I take the RH bracket as a guide to bend it korrekt.
Steve, I tried to install the bow, but the that ribs thereīs a gap to the bow. If I set the screws, the bow will bent inside at that rib.

I try to repair the old rib and sent the rib back.

Steve Pierce
05-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Yes the pulley brackets are the same left to right. Did you use a new wing tip bow? If so was it shipped in a straight tube? I used to get them that way and made a fixture to reform them to the proper shape.

NRW-Aviator
05-31-2013, 02:54 AM
I use the old ones.