PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh 2014 Parking?

ceweaver
04-23-2014, 09:11 PM
I haven't been around for quite some time, but my son and I are planning to fly our TriPacer up this year and stay in the dorms. We plan to arrive early on the Sunday before things get officially started. Where do the Shortwings usually park, and how do we let folks know we want to park there?

Thanks!

Chad

Brian
04-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Chad search for Airventure in this forum and you will find out details on how the OSH Shortwing parking worked in years past. There has been no communication yet about this year, but odds are it will be the same idea. We just need a volunteer to arrive about 5 days early and reserve the spots. There was also talk last year about the EAA/VAA putting us in the Type Club parking this year, so that may be an option as well.

RobertC
04-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Chad search for Airventure in this forum and you will find out details on how the OSH Shortwing parking worked in years past. There has been no communication yet about this year, but odds are it will be the same idea. We just need a volunteer to arrive about 5 days early and reserve the spots. There was also talk last year about the EAA/VAA putting us in the Type Club parking this year, so that may be an option as well.

I think the volunteer has been "picked" to arrive early to save the prepaid slots. There should be a posting around May/June about costs and where to send them so have a prepaid guaranteed spot. It's a great group, but if you spend the week with us you may need counseling after you return home.

Brian
04-24-2014, 10:55 AM
I think the volunteer has been "picked" to arrive early to save the prepaid slots. There should be a posting around May/June about costs and where to send them so have a prepaid guaranteed spot. It's a great group, but if you spend the week with us you may need counseling after you return home.

Bob do you know if the picked and pink volunteer received his required counseling yet ?

Gilbert Pierce
04-24-2014, 06:34 PM

I've received my pre-counseling. Surviving Stephen Adams, Robert C and Chris Pierce last year qualifies me for this year.

richas
04-24-2014, 08:48 PM
I'll be there. Not taking the Pacer, I don't have that kind of vacation time! I'll be riding out in the back seat of an rv-8.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceweaver
04-25-2014, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the information! I'll search and see what's entailed and I look forward to meeting y'all.

Chad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stephen
04-25-2014, 09:01 AM
I've received my pre-counseling. Surviving Stephen Adams, Robert C and Chris Pierce last year qualifies me for this year.

Glad to help out. Sorry to miss out this year.

RobertC
04-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Bob do you know if the picked and pink volunteer received his required counseling yet ?
Don the Pink Guy is the on site counselor, that's why everyone will need help on returning home. His method of counseling is large amounts of margaritas and barley pop. The strong seem to survive. Most, but not all, of what he hears during his counseling session stays in Oshkosh.