PDA

View Full Version : Pre-AOPA fly-in in Indianapolis

smcnutt
05-07-2014, 03:38 PM
If anyone is planning on attending the AOPA Fly-in on May 31st at KMQJ (http://www.aopa.org/Community-and-Events/AOPA-Fly-Ins/Indianapolis.aspx) and wants to arrive the night before, the owner of the nearby Noblesville airport (I80 (https://skyvector.com/airport/I80/Noblesville-Airport)) has offered plenty of free camping on the field. Depending on if we get enough interest, we might even be able to scare up some grills and make it a regular party. It's also close enough to civilization that you could stay at a nearby hotel as well.

I80 is a very friendly grass field 10 minutes North of KMQJ. It's a very well maintained 3580 x 100 foot turf runway with good drainage. It's run by the nicest people and they are always happy to see good people fly in. It's the home of EAA chapter 67.

If you are interested, post a reply and we will see how many shortwigers (or anyone) we can gather.

smcnutt
05-27-2014, 11:22 AM
I've seen a lot of people reading this post but no responses. Sounds like nobody's interested. At this point we will just skip the Friday night festivities and plan on being at MQJ on Saturday. That is unless somebody pipes in and says they are interested in doing something Friday night.

I've heard that they have over 530 reservations for aircraft coming into MQJ.

Steve Pierce
05-28-2014, 06:26 AM
We had several transients come through Graham when AOPA had their expo in Ft. Worth. Some neat stuff came through.

smcnutt
05-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Noblesville (I80) is still happy to have anyone stop in anytime. They are happy to have people stop by and you can always sleep under your wing. They even have a line shack with restrooms and such.

However, I was just hoping to get a gathering together and so we could make it into a party and see a few shortwings. As it is I'm going to plan on spending all day Saturday with the AOPA event at MQJ (where our plane is actually based) and hope to see anyone that chooses to fly in. Sounds like it's going to be a hornets nest of activity with 500+ planes and the weather looking like it will be perfect.

Steve Pierce
05-28-2014, 12:46 PM
If I was closer I would be game. Haven't spent much time flying in your neck of the woods.