PDA

View Full Version : TRI Pacer Parts

MichaelC
11-24-2014, 01:43 PM
This is a complete aircraft-including wings and tail feathers. The engine (firewall-forward) right main gear (still have wheel, brake, tires) and nose bowl have been sold.

Fuselage is almost completely stripped to the bare metal and nearly ready to prime and reassemble. Wings and control surfaces are still covered in the original Stits fabric--which I had tested at the factory and exceeds new spec's. Unfortunately the re-cover was done prior to the FAA requirement for the use of the same manufacturer's products, and someone used enamel paint over the silver, so it's delaminating. My intention was to just recover the entire aircraft.

My AI told me to prime the fuselage and recover it, and all the other air frame components so there is really very little prep needed before it can all be recovered and painted. It needs a new interior and instrument panel, although all the original components are with the plane. They're not very pretty, however. I planned to replace it all. Windshield is in great shape (clear, no cracks or scratches), side windows should be replaced, although they are perfectly functional as they are..just me being picky.

The airplane has complete logs and no history of damage, have all the AD's and 337's since 1952.

The airplane is at my home less than a mile from the Woodland, WA airport--if you want to fly in and look at it, I'll pick you up.

First $2250 cash takes it!

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Brian
11-29-2014, 07:57 PM
A few photos would probably generate some interest Michael.
Brian

MichaelC
11-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Hi Brian!

Thanks for the tip...I'm not certain understand how to do that, however. I have a number of pix but it appears this site requires them to be stored somewhere else and appears to have no option except to furnish a url to where they are located. I messed around with Photobucket awhile ago and that thing is so "cryptic" I can't even understand how to move the photos I uploaded to something that could be accessed by the SWPA site in any useful form. For someone who has worked with computers since they first arrived in the seventies I can be a total bozo when it comes to certain aspects of it all. My brain is not wired the same as most other folks, I guess.

Anyhow, I'm working on it and will resolve it this week somehow. I have the airplane completely disassembled (the fuselage is almost ready to prime) and I took every single removable part off that to be certain everything was in really good shape. I'm sure you know what that looks like!!

Well, thanks very much for the input--I appreciate all the help I can get and you folks have consistently been a wonderful resource, too!

Best wishes,

Michael

Brian
11-30-2014, 09:23 PM
You can upload the photos, up to five each, from your local drive using the manage photos option within the post reply gui. I normally resize the photo, shrink it, in advanced using the resize it web site to shrink the photo down to the required size this site requires. That may be unnecessary however as I posted a photo yesterday of the Cottonwood Airport Ramp and the shrinking happened during the upload process. Give it another try. If I can do it anyone can !

Steve Pierce
12-01-2014, 07:32 AM
There should be a tree in a picture frame in the quick reply bar. Clicking that willallow you to upload pictures to the website.

Brian
12-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Steve I don't see a tree in a picture frame, I have to click on go advanced then manage photos then choose file then upload then close window then submit reply. The upload process does now automatically shrink the photo. This was not always the case as you used to get an error if the image was too large. Nice that it's automatic now. Saves a lot of time. The attached photo is me trying out a NDT dye penetrant kit I just ordered.

Brian
12-02-2014, 02:12 AM
Last post and photo upload was using an IPad. This post and upload using a Win 7 PC. Same experience. No icon with tree inside. This original 1.5 MB photo automatically rezided down to 88.4 KB. One of the stranger planes at OSH 2014.

Steve Pierce
12-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Steve I don't see a tree in a picture frame, I have to click on go advanced then manage photos then choose file then upload then close window then submit reply. The upload process does now automatically shrink the photo. This was not always the case as you used to get an error if the image was too large. Nice that it's automatic now. Saves a lot of time. The attached photo is me trying out a NDT dye penetrant kit I just ordered.

I will have to ask SJ (the other Steve) about that. That ishow it shows up on my tablet and computer.

sj
12-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Hi Brian,

Can you look in the very lower left hand corner of the forum screen and tell me what "style" you are using? "new style" or "default mobile style" are the choices I believe. If you are using "mobile" switch it to the other and see if the problem goes away.

sj

Brian
12-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Using New Style. Changing to Default Mobile style I still don't see the short cut icon to add attachments. Not a problem however as I am accustom to adding attachments the multi click way I detailed above. So don't chase it on my behalf. Mabey you both having Admin Privileges allows these additional features ?

sj
12-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Brian, the would go away with default mobile style. You would need to change to "new style" which is the default. There is no doubt a setting in your profile causing it if that did not work. I will check it out.

sj

sj
12-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Also check under "settings" "miscellaneous options" and make sure you set for the wysiwyg editor and not the basic one.

Jim Hann
12-02-2014, 12:53 PM
I wanted to play with this anyway. Here is what you should see. I highlighted the "tree"
And it is such low res you can barely tell. SMH...

Brian
12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Also check under "settings" "miscellaneous options" and make sure you set for the wysiwyg editor and not the basic one.

Yes that WYSYIWYG was the trick. I was in basic editor mode all these years and didn't even know there was a tool bar available.
Thanks SJ !

Steve Pierce
12-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Should be a "From Computer" to the left of "From URL".