PDA

View Full Version : Zeftronics Generator Controller

pa20
12-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Recently, I assisted in cleaning up the hangar that had housed a shop for the past 15 years. There were many parts and pieces that no one wanted to deal with, so I scooped them up. As I sort out the boxes, I occasionally come across something that might be of use to one of our members. So, here is an example.....

Zeftronics G-1350N Generator Controller 14V/35A

When I came across it, I thought that it was new, as it is in the original box with paperwork (P/N and S/N on box and paperwork match). However, I can tell that it was mounted at least for a brief period, as there are some marks on the mounting holes which look like there were screws tightened. However, the terminal mounting screws look like they have never been tightened, and the case shows no wear, dirt, etc. This is a 35A controller, and I am not sure if the SWP ever had a 35A generator. The $65K question is of course does it work? The answer is...I don't know! I may try mounting it to a friends O-300 with a generator and trying it. If it works, I will report back. Additionally, I will post a photo so everyone can see what I am seeing.
ACS sells this part for $165 new. My intention was to sell it for Christmas $$, but I now have a better idea. Assuming that I can verify that it works properly, I will let it go to the first SWPO MEMBER responding via PM for $60 dollars. The first $10 will cover the shipping, in the lower 48 (AK, HI, and international will be actual cost), and the remaining $50 will be sent to Steve and Cathy to defray the costs of this great forum.
Here is a link to ACS' page which gives applicability data and the current new price. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/gencontunit.php?clickkey=11790
I will update this ad with a photo, and a report once I try the unit.