Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Camping gear for Oshkosh

Looking for a sanity check on camping gear for Oshkosh with two boys, 8 & 10 yrs old. Trying to go a bit light. Any suggestions aside from the following list?

Tents (x2)
    Lightweight Chairs
    Lightweight Tables (x2)
    Lights
    Cooler
    Sleeping bags
    Clothes

Any ideas are welcomed!

Greg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Camping and Fishing near Virginia

Looking for some advice on airstrips within a tank of gas from Richmond, Va that I can fly into with my boys and do some flying. My son was crushing it at a local pond the other day and said he was having the best day. Looking to make and adventure of fishing. Thanks!

Greg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Landing/Taxi light lens install

Long story short, replaced my landing and taxi lights w/ LED. Got ahead of myself removing the lens cover. It dropped on the hangar floor and broke. My new cover arrived today w/out pre-drilled holes. Any suggestions on marking and drilling holes to match with the current holes on the wing and prevent cracking the new lens?

Thanks!

Greg
  4. Cockpit Light

Been spring cleaning the aircraft and realized my post lights aren't doing a lot for me. Over my left shoulder I have a C4-A cockpit light that hasn't been the most useful. On the right side is the stock light post. I went with Tom Andersons LED conversion kit. It comes with two lights. Any ideas on what it takes to replace and remove the C4-A light so that I can mount the conversion kit?

Greg
    Categories
    Uncategorized