Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

View RSS Feed

akadventures18

What to look for when purchasing PA 22/20?

Rate this Entry
Hello there,

I've been thinking about purchasing a PA 22/20 150 TW I'm just not sure what I need to be looking for, besides the norm of looking over the logs and airframe time, engine etc. I've heard that there are places where these planes will develop rust etc. I'm just looking for a guide line or what to look for before I waste someone else's time having them go with me. I'd like to be able to take pictures and report back and then get someone to come look at it if it's what I'm going to persue. I'm new to buying a plane after all my research and time I've been in one it's by far been my favorite plane. Any constructive criticism or advice would be much aprreciated.

Thank you
0 Thanks, 0 Likes
0 0

Comments

I have a question, Did the Piper Colt 108 come from the factory with two fuel tanks or one fuel tank?
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes
    0 0

Yes, 2nd fuel tank was an option
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes
    0 0

Steve or Gilbert probably are your best sources of info but there are many others here when you get looking. I found a couple Colt 22/20 150's for sale on Barnstormers but the rust issue is a mystery to me and I own a Colt 22/20 108. Good luck. On the tank issue, I found a 9 gallon tank out of tri-pacer that goes under the rear seat. Just say'n
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes
    0 0