Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

View RSS Feed

Tkiebke

Weight and balance

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Tkiebke View Post
I think I need to tell more. I bought a pa 22 that was damaged and in a lot of pieces. When asked what I was going to do with the plane I responded rebuild it. One of my friends suggested I turn it into a pa 22/20 heard all you have to do is turn the gear around and add a tail wheel. After looking into the pa 22/20 I discovered there was two (2) STC's and some horror stories about turning the gear around. What to do! I did a lot of research on the internet, got blue prints , played around with auto cad and came to the conclusion that you can just turn the gear around. However, it will take some work to accomplish. A phone call to the local FSDO and a long discussion that it can be done with a 337. The FSDO guy kept
0 Thanks, 0 Likes
0 0

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It’s doable, but quite involved & not inexpensive.
    Trimmer Aviation, Willow Alaska STC AS02345AK Probably one of the best. Landing gear provides lift for improved angle of attack in 3 point attitude, with a wider stance, while trading bungees for maule struts. TC cost $750 plus parts and labor. Check it at www.trimmeraviation.com
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes
    0 0