Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

My Panel in "Spud"20200320_141003.jpeg20200320_140924.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a standard height late model PA-22 panel or custom? Looks nice.
    I like the Gyro compass right over the pilots side control wheel shaft but
    one of the tubes behind the panel would had to been moved.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    My Panel in "Spud"20200320_141003.jpeg20200320_140924.jpeg

Nice clean looking panel. I’m kind of torn between a flat black panel, gray panel and (in my case) a Daytona white panel. Yours looks really nice.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andya View Post
    Is that a standard height late model PA-22 panel or custom? Looks nice.
    I like the Gyro compass right over the pilots side control wheel shaft but
    one of the tubes behind the panel would had to been moved.
    I cant take credit for the panel or layout, except for the Garmin 345. It is a standard height panel. I'll have to take a closer look underneath. I wasnt aware of any tube mods?

Post Thanks / Like

I finally get to show off my panel! I love the iPad, but I don’t know if I am a huge fan of the larger size iPad, I might go with a smaller version in the future.

15CFB8AD-57E5-469A-8FBB-414D3F09A9BB.jpeg44289E82-F2B3-454C-9777-E38408DCAD67.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

I fly with a mini, but just set on my lap or the seat next to me. I’ve thought about panel mounting, but I want to do a big panel revision all at once when I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
    I fly with a mini, but just set on my lap or the seat next to me. I’ve thought about panel mounting, but I want to do a big panel revision all at once when I do.
    I used to fly with a tablet. On my first check-out in my Tripe I forgot it. I used my phone instead and never went back. I was just putting it under my leg, but got to thinking, "what happens if i hit some rough stuff and it hits the floor?" So I came across this holder "tackform" and mated it to a Ram mount. Compact, out of the way, there when you need it.20200226_142230.jpeg20200328_141131.jpeg20200328_141059.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

My panel today: I use an iPad Mini 4 in center top panel position. Velcro attached. Behind it is a tube blowing cold air from the boot cowl, and a big Lithium ion battery that runs the iPad for about 10 hours. The iPad battery sits on a shelf I built above my radio. I put the Dynon D3 center position and subordinated my vacuum driven AH to the lower left position as a backup to the D3. I just finished doing 4 STC's. 1) for the 6 pack config. on the left panel, 2) for the EI UBG-16 (EGT and CHT), 3) for the EI FP-5L (fuel flow) gauge, and 4) for the Steve's Aircraft gascolator on the firewall. Very happy with the new layout. IMG_3539.JPGI used to mount the iPad on the yoke but it is better mounted on the panel where the co-pilot can see it too. Also, I found I get tired of looking down away from the view out the front all the time. I like keeping my head up.IMG_3494.JPGIMG_3488.JPGStill figuring out the UBG-16. It's got a ton of features.IMG_3540.JPG
    Last edited by Subsonic; 03-29-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Schooley,

What mount are you using for the iPad that allows you to center mount it like that? Nice set up.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

The cradle itself is a ram mount cradle. They have many different styles. To mount that, I took 1/2” x 1/2” aluminum angle, cut (2) 4” pieces, one for each side, and mounted them to each side of the radio panel opening Sheet metal, the part where you would screw your radio tray into. The angle aluminum now gave me an area to mount a bracket to. I drilled and tapped two holes, and then made a steel “u” style bracket with mounting tabs that screwed to the angle aluminum and the u part came out from the panel about an inch, which is where I mounted the ram mount to and gave me the clearance from the gauges. I’m sure none of this makes sense, so I will just post pics of the bracket when I get back to the plane.

edit... here is a pic where you can kinda see the mounting bracket behind the ram mount. Behind the mounting bracket is a plastic trim piece to cover the hole. Behind that, is the aluminum angle brackets. The two screws you see behind the ram mount go into the aluminum angle that is behind the plastic.

188F2652-5A50-452F-8C60-019DFE316B4F.jpg
    Last edited by FFSchooley; 03-30-2020 at 11:30 AM.