Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PA-16 Clipper ignition switch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-16 Clipper ignition switch

What about this one? p/n A-510-5K. PMA for Cessna. Wonder what the difference is?
    https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...s/11-03171.php

Jan
    Last edited by J Ryd; 04-08-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    What about this one? p/n A-510-5K. PMA for Cessna. Wonder what the difference is?
    https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...s/11-03171.php

Jan
    Jan,

I cannot confirm this information, but what I think I have figured out while researching this is that I believe ACS Products bought the old Gerdes ignition switch product line or at some point maybe manufactured the switches for Gerdes. The Gerdes switches were installed by Cessna at the factory back in the day. The ACS Products switches would be a direct replacement only for those airplanes that Cessna originally installed the Gerdes switches. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

No real reason you can’t install an ACS switch in the Clipper. That’s what I’m doing. It can be set up to kill the right mag when in the start position. Minor alteration with only a log book entry as far as I’m concerned. Now using a Starter solenoid instead of the high amp switch, that is a major alteration but can be easily done via field approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk