Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cool Video From Alaska Floats and Skis

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Cool Video From Alaska Floats and Skis

Last edited by Steve Pierce; 06-16-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cool Video From Alaska Floats and Skis

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Interesting. Has anyone on the forum got thier float plane rating using these guys?
    3 day training cost of $2300 includes lodging. I would consider making a vacation out of this.
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian; 06-17-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,
    I did the Bush Course, got my Com. ASES, and the Glacier Flying Course there. If you go, it will be one of the great memories of your life. My bet is that if you go once you will go back again.
    If you get a chance watch BUILDING OFF THE GRID "Alaska Glacier", I had a bit part in it. Turns out a 65 year old isn't a good for reality TV as my 30 some year old sons were Haha
    Last edited by Clayton Harper; 06-17-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I run into Don's students all the time and once they start talking about the experience they get that SEG on their face.

I asked Don a few weeks ago how deals with the different skill and experience levels that come his way. He replied that the most important element of his training was that the student had a good time. I've met no one that didn't want to come back.

Been craving a turn at the controls of his Breezy since I first saw it years ago!

Deep in the dusty back pages of my logs were some old flight manual supplements about flying with the back door off for jumpers... fun times I'm sure!

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

I run into Don's students all the time and once they start talking about the experience they get that SEG on their face.

I asked Don a few weeks ago how deals with the different skill and experience levels that come his way. He replied that the most important element of his training was that the student had a good time. I've met no one that didn't want to come back.

Been craving a turn at the controls of his Breezy since I first saw it years ago!

Deep in the dusty back pages of my logs were some old flight manual supplements about flying with the back door off for jumpers... fun times I'm sure!

Rocket
    Got to fly a Breezy on floats in Branson Missouri several years ago. It was owned by Mark Trimble, and I flew it with an old flight instructor. Talk about cool, literally and figuratively, but disconcerting to fly as you have no visual references sitting way out in front of the wing. It was Labor Day weekend on Table Rock lake, and we made a dozen take off as and landings at all the party coves......flight instructor was a “dirty old man” LOL, as the girls would go topless wanting a ride! Would never own a Breezy on wheels, but floats are a blast, and not because of the “dirty old man” factor! You could fish off of the thing easily!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the vid

Post Thanks / Like

I attended their bush course in 2012. Most memorable flying I’ve done. Came home, ordered a CarbonCubEX and never looked back...Don Lee made me into a tailwheel pilot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk