Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) STC update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) STC update

Hey there,

We have a meeting scheduled at the FAA office for next Tuesday 2/11 to go over the blueprints and engineering for the Super Pacer. Will have a lot of good information for everyone interested in building or already in process of building a stretched Pacer. Also in keeping with the late Jim Simpson and at the request of wife Audrey Simpson the STC (SA819SW) will have it’s original name on all documents (Super Pacer) since it never was a “Bushmaster”. Will definitely keep everyone informed as we move forward. Also we have fiberglass and carbon fiber wingtips already out of the mold that is listed in the STC and will be getting a PMA number for them. Feel free to call or text (541)993-7625 for more info. Talk soon, James

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by August2whls View Post
    Hey there,

We have a meeting scheduled at the FAA office for next Tuesday 2/11 to go over the blueprints and engineering for the Super Pacer. Will have a lot of good information for everyone interested in building or already in process of building a stretched Pacer. Also in keeping with the late Jim Simpson and at the request of wife Audrey Simpson the STC (SA819SW) will have it’s original name on all documents (Super Pacer) since it never was a “Bushmaster”. Will definitely keep everyone informed as we move forward. Also we have fiberglass and carbon fiber wingtips already out of the mold that is listed in the STC and will be getting a PMA number for them. Feel free to call or text (541)993-7625 for more info. Talk soon, James
    Great news, thanks for the update.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    The float install is included in the Bushmaster STC. The new owner has access to all the drawings from the FAA. What parts do you need drawings for?
    I am looking for 2100-44 strut attach fitting, 2100-37, 2100-38 jury strut attach fitting spacer blocks.
    jury strut attach ftg.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Call Me Al View Post
    I am looking for 2100-44 strut attach fitting, 2100-37, 2100-38 jury strut attach fitting spacer blocks.
    jury strut attach ftg.jpg
    I made my own blocks. If I remember correctly, I ordered the brackets from Univair.

Post Thanks / Like

My STC SA819SW covers installation o PA-22-150/160 on Edo 2000 floats. Should have all that information next Tuesday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dakota Cub should have both parts, they build wings and manufacture all of the parts.

Post Thanks / Like

"..........Also in keeping with the late Jim Simpson and at the request of wife Audrey Simpson the STC (SA819SW) will have it’s original name on all documents (Super Pacer) since it never was a “Bushmaster”. Will definitely keep everyone informed as we move forward. Also we have fiberglass and carbon fiber wingtips already out of the mold that is listed in the STC and will be getting a PMA number for them. Feel free to call or text (541)993-7625 for more info. Talk soon, James"

It is hard for some of us to not think of the Super Pacer not being called a Bushmaster. A couple of years ago I was told by Colin Day a friend of the Simpsons and a builder of multiple "Super Pacers" that it was not called Bushmaster. The name Bushmaster name came to refer to non STC'd versions.... experimental. Since I built mine and have flown it around in the west I have found that people who know about stretched Pacers know the Bushmaster name, not the Super Pacer as much. Also, Super Pacer has been used to describe other built up Pacers. I labeled my plane "Super" Pacer long ago, mainly to tease my "Super" Cub friends. Now that I have a "Super Pacer-Bushmaster" label. James, good for you upholding Audrey Simpson's wishes.
    Last edited by Stephen; 02-05-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a very successful visit at the FAA office... we have all the drawings for the Super Pacer and all original engineering and aircraft handbook. So each STC issued will come with all the necessary info to build and operate your modified pa-22. We have a few minutes worth of details to tidy up on the plans and paperwork. Feel free to call or text (541)993-7625 Thanks, James

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by August2whls View Post
    We had a very successful visit at the FAA office... we have all the drawings for the Super Pacer and all original engineering and aircraft handbook. So each STC issued will come with all the necessary info to build and operate your modified pa-22. We have a few minutes worth of details to tidy up on the plans and paperwork. Feel free to call or text (541)993-7625 Thanks, James
    Excellent news!

Thanks James

Post Thanks / Like

So, the STC SA819SW for the Super Pacer is now available for anyone wanting to modify their PA-22-150 or PA-22-160 aircraft. We will have all the drawings finished and ready to ship within the next 10 days. For more info call or text (541)993-7625 or email james@skicarstunt.com