Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PA-16 Data Plate Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-16 Data Plate Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    I hate incompetent people with a power trip!
    Yep, know what you mean! Same thing happened to Bob Hoover one time with a 2nd class medical.
    Last edited by rideandfly; 11-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are bureaucrats and produce nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

You are essentially making it necessary for the head of the SEIT Team to admit he was wrong. Not going to happen. Bureaucrats are never wrong. It might impede their rise to their next level of incompetence.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is, he is part of the SEIT Team (Special Enforcement Investigation Team) and he is holding up my registration. FAA stance, even though I can't find any written policy is that only the TC holder can verify if a data plate is true and correct. Piper says we didn't build the airplane so we can't verify! (They are correct, Piper Aircraft Corp. built the airplane, not Piper Aircraft Inc.) SO it has been elevated to the head of FAA Flight Standards, the head of FAA Aviation Safety, my Senators and Congressman. My local FSDO inspector and office manager have written to the registry stating that it appears to be the correct data plate but the fool on the SEIT team won't budge. I hate incompetent people with a power trip!
    Do you think EAA or AOPA legal team could help?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rideandfly View Post
    Do you think EAA or AOPA legal team could help?
    Already working with Dave Oord at AOPA and Brent Taylor at AAA. Working a combined effort on this and the scrapped and destroyed Order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is a PA14 data tag. I don't think that burecrat is gonna be able to deny what is real and what he thinks he knows.
    received_557205798390459.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Can the fuselage serial number plate confirm an airframe identification when combined with Piper records Clyde Smith has?
    Last edited by rideandfly; 11-12-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rideandfly View Post
    Can the fuselage serial number plate confirm an airframe identification when combined with Piper records Clyde Smith has?
    Good question. It sure would seem so. Especially since it is welded on and not wired on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    Good question. It sure would seem so. Especially since it is welded on and not wired on.
    Here is the thing, my fuselage number plate confirms I have the correct fuselage for the data plate based on the build sheet. The engine is the original engine, again confirmed by the build sheet. I can almost guarantee that once I pull the fabric from the wings, I’ll find the correct wing numbers as well. Doesn’t matter to this Inspector! He is hung up on 1. The date field is not filled in. 2. The fields don’t line up (even though the drawing doesn’t show them lined up). 3. The fact that data plates can be purchased on eBay.

He has no evidence that it isn’t the correct data plate but insists that the TC holder (Piper Aircraft Inc.) is the only entity that can confirm the data plate. Piper Air raft Inc. says they have no ability to confirm the data plate of an aircraft they didn’t build (all the Short Wing Pipers were built by Piper Aircraft Corp., different company).

Post Thanks / Like

He has no evidence that it isn’t the correct data plate but insists that the TC holder (Piper Aircraft Inc.) is the only entity that can confirm the data plate. Piper Air raft Inc. says they have no ability to confirm the data plate of an aircraft they didn’t build (all the Short Wing Pipers were built by Piper Aircraft Corp., different company).
    I know this is very frustrating and it should never have gone this far, but hopefully the EAA/AOPA legal teams could use your information and original Piper documentation to overturn the Inspectors opinion. Only met Clyde Smith once at Lock Haven, but if he has original Piper documentation for this aircraft, looks like that would be the same as communicating with Piper Aircraft Corp.

Hope it works out for you!
    Last edited by rideandfly; 11-12-2019 at 01:34 PM.