Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primer Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Copper can work harden over many years. It then gets brittle and susceptible to cracking. I am not the most experienced in this area but I suspect that once cracking problems start they can be difficult to stop unless you replace them with new copper.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah going to use all new stuff and route them properly. I'll put the loops in as suggested and see what happens. Thanks for the advice all.

Post Thanks / Like

Not over yet! Parts manual shows the Union Tee is STD-853 (1/8")and Lycoming lists the price as a whopping $126.00 each. Are they made of gold? Aero Instock shows STD-853 as $88.29 each and showed an alternate part number of AN795-2 for $44.00 a piece. WOW! Anyone know the difference between the two. Aero also shows as Obsolete (AN795-2) but still sells them? I want to get my lines straightened out but I don't need gold plated parts either! If someone knows the difference, what is the connection for each. Compression ring and nut, solder connection, flare or something else? These are small brass tees so why so much $$$?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. My A&P fabricated new primer lines, but I have no idea what he got in parts. I'll ask him, but you'll probably get other folks feedback quicker. I was so busy paying for parts I don't recall which things cost what. I think he probably re-used the fittings and just put in new copper line, though, because I don't recall a parts order for the primer lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...erfittings.php and use as many of the parts you already have. Auto parts stores have the 1/8 fittings also.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was very shocked at the price. I think AN fittings have a 37 degree flare and standard fittings have a 45 degree flare. I was hoping to put in all new stuff but at that price I'll just look for used or something. I still would like to know the difference between the two though. You can get brass fittings at the hardware store for about 2 bucks a piece. But they are all 45 degree flares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Use 45 degree flares on those associated fittings.

Post Thanks / Like

How can something so simple be so complicated and costly? I'll drop by the A/P store and see what they have. I did not see a union tee in the Aircraft Spruce catalog and those were what I wanted to replace but looks like I'm cleaning them up and re-using them. Thanks for the help. What are the union cones for?

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get a 1/8 flare tool. most of the ones I.ve checked out 3/16 was the smallest size.

Post Thanks / Like

Aircraft Spruce has one that goes for about a $100 and then they have a block one with an impact point that goes for about $25.00