Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacer bush plane underway!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pacer bush plane underway!

Yes... I know some will notice I still have the hole in my tail section and did not slide a tubing up inside that post while I had it apart. I am kicking myself in the butt over it. I am planning to run a T3 suspension for my tail set up so that will help with some of the shock back there.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

The good thing is you have good access to the tail post if you ever need to fix it. With cub tail feathers you will be able to blow/hold the tail up pretty easy to protect it also.
    DENNY

Post Thanks / Like

Been a slow week for the build. We had an RAF / Ohio Bush Planes fly in over the 4 day weekend so that took up some time. Today I am mounting the Matco dual master cylinders for the dual toe brakes. Waiting to get back into the paint booth to spray a few pats then she will go up on gear!

Post Thanks / Like

i needed something to do while I was working a 24 hour shift this week so I took the tanks with me to work to start cleaning. They had gooped sealant all over these things and I understood why as I took them apart. There was not one seal used and the senders had basic screws holding them in place. I cleaned everything up and ordered all the correct screws and seals. I need to multi netter the senders and make sure they are fu slctuoning now that I am back home.

IMG_2415.jpgIMG_2418.jpgIMG_2422.jpgIMG_2434.jpgIMG_2433.jpgIMG_2439.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good 10 plus hour day on the build. Got the brakes all mounted down to where they will connect at the gear. I also got the entire fuel system from the tanks down to the sumps, through the fuel valve and out to the gasolator done. I used an Allen fuel valve that we machined to allow for left, right, both and off. Tomorrow i need to fly over the Greenville PA to pick up another set of PA-18 gear I bought but may stay home and concentrate on getting the last few things ready for paint midweek. The overall goal is to have the plane on its gear by this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Today was spent refurbing a new, old stock set of Cleveland wheels and brakes. These things have been sitting in a hanger for about 25 years. They will see some good use here very soon! Also took a break and laid the first coat of white tire paint on my GoodYear logos.

IMG_2591.jpgIMG_2587.jpgIMG_2596.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did you paint your brake discs?

Post Thanks / Like

No sir!!! They are taped up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah, I wondered and thought maybe you had some method. makes sense, the other part does get rusty.