Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: InterAv Alternator Parts and Service Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default InterAv Alternator Parts and Service Manual

Some documents I located in the bowels of my computer that someone might find useful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: InterAv Alternator Parts and Service Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Some documents I located in the bowels of my computer that someone might find useful.
    My Tri Pacer had the InterAv STC accomplished in the past and the Rt Front baffle was just destroyed. I had located a new baffle but the two do not seem compatible. I have seen the threads about different patches or trimming that have been done to make them work again. Either here or the Super Cub site someone referenced a drawing they had received from InterAv on how to modify the baffle. Do you know where I could procure a copy of that drawing?
    Also, I moved my oil cooler to the Left Rear baffle so with less interference could I use a longer belt to move the alternator away from the baffle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Do you know if pulling the 5 amp CB to the over voltage relay will take the field offline?
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely will take the alternator off line. No field current no magnetism, no magnetism no voltage generation.
    That circuit breaker powers both the over voltage relay and voltage regulator 12 volt power.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 09-13-2023 at 04:57 PM.