Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: ADSB-Out . . Creeping toward 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ADSB-Out . . Creeping toward 2020

Rick,

Skybeacon/Tailbeacon requires a 337. Since the Pacer/Tripacer is on the AML its a pretty simple process. When my A&P installed it, he had already completed it. I can't answer whether or not it is relevant to the madras tip. That would be something to ask Steve or someone that has those tips. I may have a copy of the template. If I do I will send it to you via PM. Check this thread as well, Steve may have posted it.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't think you need a spacer, the fin points down a bit and my Dad made a spacer for a Tri-Pacer with droop tips and it was not needed. Wood is fine and would be concidered minor. I sell the skyBeacon for $1750.

The spacer I have been making and selling is .125" thick to allow mounting the skyBeacon on the STC Piper nav light bracket. Gotta make some tomorrow since the Super Cub I have been rebuilding for the last several years flew away on Friday. Been putting some stuff off the last 2 weeks finishing it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Droop tip on a TriPacer
    No spacer needed. I did reinforce the back of the fiberglass tip with a piece of 1/4” plywood.

CFC9FE52-0569-4DCA-87B4-34A35398EAB5.pngAttachment 15907Attachment 15904
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 11-03-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Greg, Steve, & Gilbert!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gilbert,

That's a nice, clean install. It looks better on our birds than I thought it would. Looking forward to getting the Skylight for the right wing. Maybe in time they will have Skysensor TSO'd for certificated aircraft.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

There's a couple of different 'Droop Tips' that I've seen: Plane Booster and Madrass. The mount for the light is in different places on each.

If you look back up at post #498 from SM022 (dated 3/13/19) it shows the Plane Booster tips and the light mount is lower on the curve and probably wouldn't need the spacer.

However, the Madrass tips can be seen in post #580, Stevesaircraft(Bri) dated 5/3/19 as well as post #543 by Tjlbaron dated 4/7/19, you can see the light is mounted higher on the curve and needs a spacer to keep from hitting the wingtip. I have the Madrass tips.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, I need to order a Skybeacon, How do I do this? Also will need the spacer.

Thanks,
    Richard

Pacer15p

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,
    I have a PA-22 to put a Skybeacon in. Stock wings. The tip fairing has tinnerman nuts for installing the original light. DO you just pull the fairiing and put nuts on the machine screws for the Skybeacon, then reinstall the fairing?

David

Buena Vista, CO (primary) and Hallettsville, Texas
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody installed Wing tip Skybeacon with a Narco AT150 Transponder? Did it work? Any problems? Thanks... I hear that older transponders like this are a problem with this ADSB out solution. Thanks,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

A friend installed a tail beacon in a c-180 with the original model of the kt76. . Worked fine.
    I have a at150 in my pacer, used a gdl82 without problems. I have not heard any specific
    issues when coupled with old xpndrs.
    "Progress is our most important problem"