Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: interior insulation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Insulation advice?

Absolutely! Thanks!!
    Jim Kirkendall "Knowledge is good."

Post Thanks / Like

I have been searching a bit on this also. Seems some use the tinfoil material you find on automotive windshields. Airtex also makes something that is designed that route and is rather inexpensive.

http://www.airtexinteriors.com/catalogue/misc.php

still not sure which way I’ll go yet. Weight is a major concern for me. But so is keeping the cold out

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: interior insulation

Hi Jim, I found several previous threads on the subject and merged them into this one so they are all easier to find. You migh go back and look at what has been posted and curious to hear if there are some my current options as well. Will be good to follow your progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tripacer76D View Post
    I'm finally deep into the renovation of N5876D, and am ordering parts and supplies. What is the best insulation in terms of sound absorption, temperature, and weight? Any advice would be more than welcome. There will be lots of other questions as we get into this renovation.

Thanks!

Jim Kirkendall
    North Richland Hills, TX
    A good headset. I only use heat resistant 1/2 inch foam on the firewall and about 12 inches back on the boot cowl. Nothing under the floor boards.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have very little insulation in my Tripacer..try to keep it airtight as much as possible and hooked up my heated motorcycle jacket to the battery..nice and warm.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Insulation and interior panel choice?

One thing has led to another and with the interior now removed, Im wondering what restorers are using for insulation and side panels? There was some oil soaked faced fiberglass insulation that we removed near the engine. (1955 PA20/22). The cabin is lined with faced fiberglass insulation. Are there different/better alternatives? The interior side panels were upholstered over coroplast and I’m wondering about replacing them with Kydex. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Insulation and interior panel choice?

JHowe, Google is your friend. If you search a subject you can gain the knowledge previously shared and more can be added making it easier for people later on the research the same subject. When the data is in one thread I find it much easier than search multiple threads for what I am looking for. I searched "insulation site:shortwingpipers.org" and merged the thread you just started. As you can see there is a lot of good information.