Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) STC update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Pacer (Bushmaster) STC update

The STC for the Super Pacer (Bushmaster) for the stretched Pacer has been purchased by one of our own. James aka "August2whls" on SW.O purchased the STC from Audrey Simpson (wife of the original developer). James plans to keep the STC available at the current price and will provide plans. This is great news as this amazying STC could have been lost since Audrey is in her 90's. James hopes to honor Audrey wishes keeping the original name of this STC as "Super Pacer", named by her husband. James will be filing for a change of ownership with the FAA and getting out information soon.
    Last edited by Stephen; 08-20-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) STC update

That is great news!
    Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve, Thanks for helping get the word out... more info to come... James

Post Thanks / Like

Hay James,

I talk with and work with a lot of Pacer and TriPacer people so please put me on your mailing list when you have something to sent out.

Rick Lach
    Raven Aviation

Post Thanks / Like

If I end up going this route, I’ll likely buy an extra set of wings for the project and keep my plane flying in the meantime. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much time is involved on the fuselage portion of the STC (on a covered airplane)? Also, I’d really be interested in a 32’ wingspan Pacer + 2’(Sullivan tips) for 34’ total (w/ massive flaps and ailerons to the wingtip) and leave the fuselage as is. Is there any wiggle room within the STC to allow for a shorter wing than Stephen’s setup and a stock fuselage? Brian Pankonin built the plane a few years ago and did an awesome job, I don’t really want to destroy any of his hard work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    If I end up going this route, I’ll likely buy an extra set of wings for the project and keep my plane flying in the meantime. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much time is involved on the fuselage portion of the STC (on a covered airplane)? Also, I’d really be interested in a 32’ wingspan Pacer + 2’(Sullivan tips) for 34’ total (w/ massive flaps and ailerons to the wingtip) and leave the fuselage as is. Is there any wiggle room within the STC to allow for a shorter wing than Stephen’s setup and a stock fuselage? Brian Pankonin built the plane a few years ago and did an awesome job, I don’t really want to destroy any of his hard work.
    The Super Pacer STC is specific about how to build the wing with options on flap size. My complete modification took 6+ months of full time work. The wings were the major part of the project. The Sullivan STC allows for a squared off wing tip plus the new tips. It does not provide for moving the ailerons. There are no STC's to move ailerons on the PA 22.
    Last edited by Stephen; 08-20-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this stc apply to PA20s?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
    Does this stc apply to PA20s?
    No, it applies only to 57 and up PA22 models. James says he would attempt to expand the STC but, it takes FAA approval.

The STC includes a landing gear to tail dragger conversion modifying the existing Tri-Pacer gear. The Super Pacer gear conversion would save a great deal of money over the Univair conversion and uses the existing T-Pacer gear attachment points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    No, it applies only to 57 and up PA22 models. James says he would attempt to expand the STC but, it takes FAA approval.

The STC includes a landing gear to tail dragger conversion modifying the existing Tri-Pacer gear. The Super Pacer gear conversion would save a great deal of money over the Univair conversion and uses the existing T-Pacer gear attachment points.
    Are there any legal ways to extend a certified PA20?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
    Are there any legal ways to extend a certified PA20?
    You can look for a run out or damaged PA22 and rebuild it as a Super Pacer while you keep flying your Pacer.