Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the best CERTIFIED 4-place rough country plane? Bushmaster? Maule? C185?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's the best CERTIFIED 4-place rough country plane? Bushmaster? Maule? C185?

I’ve seen a whole Skidoo Tundra disassembled and put in the back of the original 4 place cub, with the exception of the tub which was strapped on to the bottom. No way you could fit the same volume in a PA22 sized baggage even with the back seat out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's the best CERTIFIED 4-place rough country plane? Bushmaster? Maule? C185?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
    I’ve seen a whole Skidoo Tundra disassembled and put in the back of the original 4 place cub, with the exception of the tub which was strapped on to the bottom. No way you could fit the same volume in a PA22 sized baggage even with the back seat out.
    Never took a Sidoo camping...how much do they weigh?
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jim Younkin made that rear tube at the back of a Pacer baggage removable on the Mystery Pacer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Never took a Sidoo camping...how much do they weigh?
    Close to 400 lbs. Not hard to get that much weight camping, especially if you plan on hauling large animals out of the tundra. I am hoping to test out the stock PA-20 baggage hunting this fall.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a 55 gallon drum full of avgas in the back of mine. It handled that just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

When I fly into the back country I take my mountain bike along. Having the door in the back is a real asset.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I carried an engine I rebuilt for a friend in mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer42Z View Post
    When I fly into the back country I take my mountain bike along. Having the door in the back is a real asset.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z
    I agree about the rear door being an asset. When I travel, I sleep in my plane, I'm 6'4", the rear bulkhead is my headboard.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I carried an engine I rebuilt for a friend in mine.
    Nice work! I would like to see photos or video of you getting that in and out!

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller View Post
    Nice work! I would like to see photos or video of you getting that in and out!

GG
    See post 20 in this thread. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...e-or-fly/page2