Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Project PA15 Vagabond condition not important must have paper work and registration

Post Thanks / Like

Default Project PA15 Vagabond condition not important must have paper work and registration

I am in need of PA15 or 17 paperwork / Project /parts

thanks
    Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Project PA15 Vagabond condition not important must have paper work and registrati

Building a fleet of Vagabonds?
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Project PA15 Vagabond condition not important must have paper work and registrati

the first one I got a few years back the paperwork turned into a big issue as far as trying to find people that have passed on. great project need to get to paper work before I sick to much into it
    the second one is almost ready found a C85-12 to put into it building second control to change it to duel control.
    the third one is fuselage misc parts no paper work the guy had it just sitting in the weeds I had to drag it out of the woods

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you have a Data Plate and serial number isn't
    there a process for a conformity inspection and new airworthiness certificate?
    I just did this with a Canadian airplane, however it did
    have a title search, no leins, and a ownership trail.
    I have two data plates and serial numbers, saving one
    for my next project.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Want to sell a fuselage Corey?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not really looking to sell. the only one I would think about selling is the one I got out of a guys woods. I would really like to use it to make a fuselage jig first

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know what the best direction to go I have the piper data tag the FAA reported sale from a guy that three sellers ago that never registered it when he bought it as a project. they told me that
    I need a bill of sale from him to the next guy.

if you know a way I can get this cleared up that would be big help.

Post Thanks / Like

Corey,
    How about contacting the EAA, AAA, and FAA in that order.
    You aren't the first one in this position.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Corey McChesney View Post
    I do not know what the best direction to go I have the piper data tag the FAA reported sale from a guy that three sellers ago that never registered it when he bought it as a project. they told me that
    I need a bill of sale from him to the next guy.

if you know a way I can get this cleared up that would be big help.
    I restored a PA 11 project that had been deregistered and there were some paperwork issues to work through. I used Federal Aviation Title Services in Oklahoma City. They will find out what you need, you will submit the paperwork to them, they check it and then hand carry to the FAA. I had a new registration in hand two weeks to the day after I mailed it to them. Ask for Christina. $50 well spent.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be the one I'm interested in, one that needs repair. Good luck on your paperwork. I've had to go back and find a former owner once on a champ. Wasn't that bad in the end. Oklahoma city is used to dealing with paperwork issues on most of the dormant rag and tube airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey McChesney View Post
    I am not really looking to sell. the only one I would think about selling is the one I got out of a guys woods. I would really like to use it to make a fuselage jig first