Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade (?) From PA20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Upgrade (?) From PA20

I'd like to find an old unusable pod from a PA something. Cut it apart to see how it was built....then build one to fit. There was a damaged pod on craigs list up here, fuel tank on the front end, cargo space aft.... Something like that. Use the original gear mounts at the wing struts and the float fittings aft... On the Maule parts.... Most of them can be fabricated from scratch. Airframes makes extended gear for the Maule.... Sure don't like pop rivets on the Maule wings or the teensy rudder.... For more weirdness on my part.... I've shy'd away from all aluminum aircraft....harder to fix if I screw up. Want this Pacer done so I can finish the Maule look alike.....300 hp Bearhawk with an Aclaim cowl....flush riveted wings and a big rudder. Moose/Boo hauler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That and 13gph. There is a big tire 182 at my home airport, pretty sure the front fork was modded. Looked neat but at the same time kinda like a retarded wheelbarrow.

Post Thanks / Like

retarded wheelbarrow...

HA, i have one of each pa22 and 182B!
    best bang for the buck in both birds!

8:50s and a 8:00 for the nose of my tripacer and

10x10 bushwheels with a 8:50x10 tire and an 8:50 on the nose in the Bigwheel

They both look great from the pilot seat and not so bad on a secluded beach or the tundra

Rocket

Attachment 8632

Attachment 8633

Post Thanks / Like

Bearhawk, faster carries more, bigger. Or 182s are a good value now.