Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: ADSB-In on the cheap!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ADSB-In on the cheap!

Ditto Steve!! Your usual insightful comments/tutuorial with pics would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Bought all of the parts for the Stratux from Amazon. Took about 15 minutes to assemble it. Only played with it on the ground so far but it appears to work good with my Avare app. So far I can only see traffic but once I'm in the air I should get weather also. Should be out this weekend.

My brother flies with an iPad and ForeFlight so he will check it out on that platform.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had this setup for a few months and it works fine. I didn’t like the erratic artificial horizon and I didn’t need the GPS since every iPad I fly with already has GPS built in, so I I sent them back and ended up with the ADSB in only for less than $100.

Reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My stratux has been cutting off lately - don't know if it is heat related [90s temp these days] or if the electrical source [cig lighter] is less than consistently stellar. I have an older unit with a single fan. Going to switch to battery power and see that solves it. Any other thoughts?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old3pacer View Post
    My stratux has been cutting off lately - don't know if it is heat related [90s temp these days] or if the electrical source [cig lighter] is less than consistently stellar. I have an older unit with a single fan. Going to switch to battery power and see that solves it. Any other thoughts?
    Thanks
    That's a good first step. Many usb power converters provide less than 2 amps. A lot of them are noisy as well.
    Is your fan always on or software controlled? There are some firmware revisions that had issues with fan control.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I flew 2 flights yesterday and today [HOT] and used only battery power.
    Things worked fine - I suspect my problem was a power issue with my cig lighter.