Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sky-Tec on a PA 22

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sky-Tec on a PA 22

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Benesh View Post
    My Tri Pacer had a new Hartzell E-Drive installed in Dec 2016 and it failed just short of one year later while still in the warranty period. However, Hartzell only covers the part and not the labor cost to replace. I chose Hartzell for all the reasons noted above. Still have the old Delco and am hanging on to it just in case the Hartzell fails again but after warranty expires. Attachment 14501

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    I purchased a Kelly E-Drive from eBay, made in 2010 before Hartzell owned them, I have only had it on a year but I have cranked the engine with it to the point that I can't believe it hasn't failed. I had a problem, narrowed it to bad wiring harness, to make a story short, while troubleshooting I cranked the living poo out of that engine and it never gave a sign of tiring and still turns the engine over like its brand new.

I have incredible faith in my ERZ 8012 E-Drive, would not think twice about buying another one. Did Hartzell get back with you and say what the problem was? How is the new one doing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    It was out getting the full spa treatment. You know, a little nip, a little tuck, some new “makeup” to hide the ravages if time (and a lazy installer.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hartzell never sent back a report. The replacement has been working fine. My old Delco “boat anchor” starter still works fine but has little monetary value and I’ll keep just in case. The used parts tent at last summers AirVenture had a pile of old Delco starters (mine included). To me, it seemed as though that pile got larger every day and it’s not likely the Delco engineers included a hidden secret “rabbit like” feature into the design.

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone running a 149-12LS Sky-Tec? It’s the smaller one that I’ve seen mounted on a ton of Vans RV’s with a -320/-360

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $Piker View Post
    Anyone running a 149-12LS Sky-Tec? It’s the smaller one that I’ve seen mounted on a ton of Vans RV’s with a -320/-360
    Yes, works well on an O-320 but if you have the front oil cooler it requires some oil cooler bracket rework.

114-1417_IMG.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer... No matter what it looks like I’ll be modding the bracket.