Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drawing of flap lever needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Drawing of flap lever needed

It's amazing how guys here seem to have my back even when I don't know it's needed. After posting that I was looking for drawings of the Pacer flap handle, Our own Pistoncan came to the rescue and sent me a Pacer flap handle he had from his fuselage. I sent him the one I had for some horse trading we seem to be doing back and forth; I got the flap handle today. It fits perfect! I will weld up a bracket for the ratchet that i can bolt to the two uprights that the flap handle mounts to. The bolted bracket will allow me to fine tune the location and make any adjustments I may need after I start flying. It sure is nice how things work out with lots of guys looking over my shoulder. Moving forward !!!!

Marty57

pacer handle1 (1).jpg pacer handle2 (1).jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Marty.. I still believe this is the best type site on the web. (Okay the Supercub site is close!) More like a large family with everyone jumping in when someone needs a hand. I think it may have something to do with the people who started the site....the two Steves and Cathy are really nice "down to earth" people and that is reflected in the "tone" of the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Curly,
    You are right on target about these two sites. One more flap handle question; if I want to remove the spring and rod so I can sand blast and paint the flap handle, how do I remove it? There are two small slotted screw heads on either side of the flap handle about a third the way down from the release button; do these come out? What are they threaded into? Any one have a picture of a flap handle apart?

Thanks,
    Marty57

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marty57 View Post
    It's amazing how guys here seem to have my back even when I don't know it's needed. After posting that I was looking for drawings of the Pacer flap handle, Our own Pistoncan came to the rescue and sent me a Pacer flap handle he had from his fuselage. I sent him the one I had for some horse trading we seem to be doing back and forth; I got the flap handle today. It fits perfect! I will weld up a bracket for the ratchet that i can bolt to the two uprights that the flap handle mounts to. The bolted bracket will allow me to fine tune the location and make any adjustments I may need after I start flying. It sure is nice how things work out with lots of guys looking over my shoulder. Moving forward !!!!

Marty57

pacer handle1 (1).jpg pacer handle2 (1).jpg
    Marty, you wouldn’t happen to have measurements on the attachment point at the frame. Mine must have snapped of at one time and someone put a hose clamp in its position. Need to fabricate one and weld it in, just can’t seem to find the drawings on it.
    Thanks
    John

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app