Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Steve Bryant's Producer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Steve Bryant's Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Airwrench View Post
    We can keep them well under 1200 lbs. - Its all in what you decide to hang on it. - Steve
    What landing gear do you use?
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

We can keep them well under 1200 lbs. - Its all in what you decide to hang on it. - Steve
    Outside of engine and avionics, what are the biggest culprits? I’d love to have a four place with cub type performance someday and I’m not too worried about speed (but I am concerned about legal useful load).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadrifter View Post
    Outside of engine and avionics, what are the biggest culprits? I’d love to have a four place with cub type performance someday and I’m not too worried about speed (but I am concerned about legal useful load).
    Tires such as Bushwheels or large prop will add weight. The closest you will get to a four place Cub is the Producer or the Bushmaster. The Bushmaster has a 2100 lb. GW.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck, Thanks for the comments. Did you see the vids on Facebook page ? https://www.facebook.com/steve.bryan...0537599974660/
    Yes, N907P (Blue / Silver) was the last one that I built and Josh does well with it. I went experimental with both that one and Rick Davis's. I broke away from the standards to experiment with some other mods. Then I ended up with a few non-Producer projects, a PA-14, a Cub and my old T-Crate. Just paying the bills and making my fortune smaller. In the meantime, I have several projects in the works, a Champ recover, a Tri-Pacer, and a Vag, before I get to the next Producer project.

I can't build a four place aircraft light enough to compete with this new stuff that is coming out, but I know that they will perform as well as a similarly equipped Cub. And haul a load, and a passenger, and .....

Stephen, The CG does go aft, but there are a couple of different facets to CG. The aerodynamic CG is still well within window. The rolling CG makes it heavier on the tail which allows for more aggressive braking and is a great indicator for its readiness to fly off in a three point attitude.

The Producer on floats was one that I built back in the early ninety's and covered with Stits. It has not seen much use over the last ten years and could use some cleanup. It is still in annual and has a mid time 160 and some decent mods, such as left door, skylight, hendricks tips and 8 foot flaps. I am marketing it for one of my customers, and I think that it is a reasonable price.

- Steve
    Steve, I'm reading this string all the way through for the first time and it makes me want a Producer because of the plane's capability, and the man behind it, too. Just for grins, and perhaps serious consideration, what would you quote for a turn-key ready to fly, new built Producer with a run-out doner PA22 provided? Time and Price?

I took a peek on Trade-A-Plane and found a 1947 PA-14 for sale for $92.5K. Looks like a great plane, but a Producer is better in so many ways, I'd have to weigh what a new Producer would cost built by the man who owns the STC. Please advise. Thanks for your time and comments.

Detailed Description

1947 PA-14, $92,500. In my family for 51 years. 3485 TTAF, Factory new O320-A2B Wide Deck, 10 SFRM, 82-41 Borer and Sensenich 74-52 Props.
    Remarks

Boundary Layer VG kit, Lifetime Struts, Atlee Dodge landing gear, Cleveland double puck brakes, 26" Goodyear tires, Airglas belly tank/cargo pod, Airglas LW2500 skis/8.00x6 tires, L2500 skis. Functional Terra Nav/Comm and Xpndr, EI Fuel flow, 4 probe EGT/CHT, Vacuum ATT/DG. Solid Alaska airplane, not a show plane. (907) 232-0724, Wasilla, AK.