Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice wanted for an airplane search

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice wanted for an airplane search

You will get some insulting low offers so hope you are thick skinned enough to carry on.

I'm sure you won't get your money back on the O/H. It will make it easier to sell, but, with all of the headache that can come with the work, not that much. Of course, the price is entirely driven by the market. Figure what you have in it, see what everything else is going for out there and make up your mind what you can stand. If you need to shift the A/C to move forward, then accept this as a cost of doing business and move on. To Andy's point, You will get people that spend 4 to 8 hours pouring over all of the information while you jump through flaming hoops to provide info and after everything checks out as advertised, they will offer you half of what you're asking. Good Luck. - Dwain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I don't think you can get a return on the cost of engine overhauls if you sell it.
    I agree. It's kind of like upgrading the bathroom and kitchen of a house you are selling. You wont get it all back but it will sell faster.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a FG 177 at about 850 lb useful load. The cabin space is awesome. Cruise 118 to 120 knots on 9.5 gal/hr. With my family, I can take the four of us, full fuel and full baggage. But the kids and wife are all around the 100lb area. Not necessarily a mountain flyer but gets by when needed. There are a few for sale but most that have them keep them. They fly nicer than a normal Cessna. Little crisper on controls.

If you are looking at a fixed gear with good useful load then a 182 or 205 might be a good fit. A lot depends on your budget.