Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

[QUOTE=mmoyle;133699]0 degrees toe in. 10 degrees camber flight level...
    0 degrees toe in at three point..I haven’t checked the camber angle at three point.

Thanks, Marc. My toe-in is the same. The camber is about the same, but that's from memory. We are in lock-down here again, but I should be able to get to the hangar in the next few days and I'll check it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wings rigged. Ailerons and flaps just got their second coat of primer.

Crosswind STOL wing tips mounted. Aveo Galactica NAV/Stobes. Haven’t decided if I’ll wire a wig/wag switch on the landing/taxi lights. Was planning on sight gauges for the fuel tanks... decided to add Electronics International fuel senders for CGR-30P since the fuel flow option is already installed. Turns out I have to install an additional EI instrument the CGR30C. Don’t have room in the panel. Can if I loose the turn/slip indicator. May install the AV30 and strip out the vacuum system. Anyone need a vacuum system and instruments? Dry vacuum pump with around 60 hours on it. Good artificial horizon and the turn/slip indicator with the adjustable 2” suction vacuum regulator. It was on an external vacuum wind driven venturi .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

You have to install a second CGR30 just because of wanting to add the fuel level? Or some other requirement. Thought they were an all in one unit.

Bryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan,
    Yes because the aircraft is certified the fuel level has to be on the primary display screen. The CGR-30P and C screen have what you could say is a pie sliced into four pieces. Right now I have fuel flow is the sole occupant in one piece of the pie. I guess fuel level can’t be in the same piece. Then RPM in the second slice. EGT/CHT in the third and temps, volts, oil pressure and oil temperature in the fourth slice.

Looks like the fuel flow will be moved to the second instrument and replaced with manifold pressure. I was told I needed to choose four items to display on the second instrument, will have fuel flow in a slice, fuel levels in another slice or two. Not sure what the other one or two should have? Carb temp for sure and maybe flight time maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

If you can fit one of the smaller EI instruments, I have the dual fuel level FL2 installed in mine, field approval is posted in mod section I think.

I also just installed the AV30… really like it thus far.

Bryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ysifly2; 07-14-2021 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added comment on AV30

Post Thanks / Like

I had disregarded the FL-2 because Ei’s web site said it wasn’t STC’d for certified aircraft... that’s a cheaper option... thanks. I’ll give them a call.

Post Thanks / Like

FL-2 and 3-1/8” instrument hole adapter ordered...
    Going in the blank hole to the right of the Flypad mount...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

Paint matches up real nice...NOT! what really sucks...is you can see finger prints from 20’...Ha! The Superflight system 7 paint system might be shinier than aerothane!

Last edited by mmoyle; 07-23-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Slowly getting there.. especially after recabling one side...I learned an important lesson today... if you’re making your own aileron cables, crimp the aileron cable ends at the turn buckles...connect them to the loosened turn buckles. Set the ailerons and yoke to neutral...then do the aileron horn connections...

Haven’t installed the Crosswind STOL aileron and flap gap seals....yet. Have the metal flap gap seals... anyone with the crosswind STOL kit tried with and without the aileron gap seals?

Looking for feed back.

Post Thanks / Like

diid you put inspection panels on top the wing? presume aluminum covers? if so, what kind of seal are you using. Or, maybe I'm seeing something that is not there.
    "Progress is our most important problem"