Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

That short spar cap angle reinforcement at the spar caps leads me to believe that spar is from an early 1800 lb Pacer or a Clipper.
    The higher gross weight spar has a second longer spar cap reinforcement at the strut attach point. The Max bending moment of the spar is at that connection to strut. KI don’t know why they would reinforce the shear web there.
    If you look closely at the top of the front spar at the strut attach point you can see the spar cap reinforcement on thr Clipper wing. Clicking on the picture will turn it right side up.-go figure. SJ doesn’t like my iPad or Apple products.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 05-09-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Gilbert...looks like the same rivets...I do have the correct cap strips on hand. Looks like the front spars need to be removed and repaired correctly..or replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Pros and cons of installing landing/taxi lights in both wings. I’ve installed LED’s in leading edge of the left wing. I’m short one nose rib for the right wing...thinking...what about a second set of lights in the right wing? Is that evidence of drain bramage on my part?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Pros and cons of installing landing/taxi lights in both wings. I’ve installed LED’s in leading edge of the left wing. I’m short one nose rib for the right wing...thinking...what about a second set of lights in the right wing? Is that evidence of drain bramage on my part?

From my limited experience planes with landing/taxi lights in both wings and wig-wag or pulse function are more visible in daylight hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We installed one light in each wing and used the wig wag feature. Pretty nice. I maintain a PA12 with the two light assembly in each wing. I installed a Maxpulse landing light controller with wing wag feature it really gets your attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered another set of LED lights and the Maxpulse wig wag switch/controller Steve recommended. Installing grommets and wiring for the second set of wing lights and nav/strobe lights. Used the light mount brackets from the 12 rib set of wings from Arkansas...

Post Thanks / Like

Done with that... mounting the right wing tip and insuring both are concentric today...and finishing up a new right aileron..

Post Thanks / Like

Still looking good

Post Thanks / Like

Getting schooled today by the Master, Kent White of TM Technologies Inc. Making wing strut fairings from 0.050” 3003 aluminum today.

Post Thanks / Like

be cool if you post a final product pic
    "Progress is our most important problem"