Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

Sure Gilbert I do too. On this job I'm thinking I'd like them bonded to the inside.

Post Thanks / Like

I put the ring on then pie cut the inside to fold over the ring so there isn't an open edge. then the patch I do the same but fold it to the inside of course. If you put it on the inside the wraps would go the same direction. But that's just what I do. You can stager the folds. You may have something? Less bulge toward the outside. Mmm?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope... not getting it.. if I place the aluminum inspection rings on the inside of the bottom cover before attaching the top cover and put doilies on the inside there will be no external sign of the ring .... until it has to be cut for inspection. When it is finally opened the inspection covers can be clipped in and also attached with screws to avoid movement and skin chafing.

Has this been done?

Post Thanks / Like

You'll know the answer to that after you do it. I see no problem with it other than not following what the manual guides you to do. You know that in accordance thing. But I doubt you'll find any rule against it. Like I said...Mmm?

Post Thanks / Like

In this post you can see my solution to inspection covers in the heavy prop wash area. This is easy done when you have the wing open for recover. I think it is post #35. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...my-Pacer/page4
    It is also so much easier to reattach the flap and aileron cables as well as future maintenance work.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Already done the panels are ready to install.. the deal on this project is oratex... the durability and glue strength are pretty incredible. Once ironed and activated the glue just doesn't release unlike polytack ecobond etc. If the metal inspection ring is sandwiched between two layers of oratex on the inside it would be seriously durable without the tell tale raised rim you normally have before the cut for inspection. Just wondering if you good people had seen this done on other builds with the legacy coveringsystems?