Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

I havenít spoke with Eddie for a month or so. Heís waiting on his DER. On the subject do do I think heíll get the STC? Feels like he will...but then again Iíve offered to throw money at the DER to get the job done....so I guess...the DER will get around to it...someday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    I havenít spoke with Eddie for a month or so. Heís waiting on his DER. On the subject do do I think heíll get the STC? Feels like he will...but then again Iíve offered to throw money at the DER to get the job done....so I guess...the DER will get around to it...someday.

Having spend a lot of time on my STC for this modification, the DER was not be cheap, even when I was doing most of the work. The testing procedures that the FAA engineers were talking about would have added quite a bit more to the cost to my project. After all these expenses a financial return was not very promising. But, making money was not my goal. The complications and costs caused me to finally give up. Now I'm happily flying my Bushmaster.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    I haven’t spoke with Eddie for a month or so. He’s waiting on his DER. On the subject do do I think he’ll get the STC? Feels like he will...but then again I’ve offered to throw money at the DER to get the job done....so I guess...the DER will get around to it...someday.

I was hoping to get back up to AK this summer and drop in on Eddie. But, the fires may not make the trip worth while. I've had too much experience flying through smoke last summer in WA.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Having spend a lot of time on my STC for this modification, the DER was not be cheap, even when I was doing most of the work. The testing procedures that the FAA engineers were talking about would have added quite a bit more to the cost to my project. After all these expenses a financial return was not very promising. But, making money was not my goal. The complications and costs caused me to finally give up. Now I'm happily flying my Bushmaster.
    Same thing goes for trying to get the stick control STC approved.... Too much money to get approved for not a lot of return so I shelved it...

Brian