Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Mod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Mod

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    So... with that...Marv's Pacer has Stewart wing tips...you don't tape down the string line at the outer aileron bay rib when rigging? Do you move out to the wing tip rib with the level and 1-3/8" thick block as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mark,

I have the Stewart tips and I taped the string to the "correct" rib so I would have the stock dihedral. My only problem was I was working alone, I think the string may have sagged a little. I used the same rib as called out in the rigging instructions to obtain the washout. I think I posted pictures in one of my threads a while back.
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

After 8 months works, this is one of the first flights of my Bushmaster. I am up near the Canadian border.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

After 8 months works, this is one of the first flights of my Bushmaster. I am up near the Canadian border.
    Stephen, I don't know if you heard or not, but the Vietnam war and the draft are over so don't think you have to dash to the north of the border. One question, is all the fabric still on your plane this winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobertC View Post
    Stephen, I don't know if you heard or not, but the Vietnam war and the draft are over so don't think you have to dash to the north of the border. One question, is all the fabric still on your plane this winter?
    Yes, most of the fabric has stayed on, thanks for asking.

A far as the border is concerned, we were heading to Point Roberts (you would like this place), it is a wierd piece of America only accessible by land going through Canada. It has a grass strip and is a fun place to visit and bike. I might be too old for the draft, not sure.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at S43 for two more weeks. Come on down and show off your bird if you need something to do. I'll be in the maintenance hangar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPerkins View Post
    I'm at S43 for two more weeks. Come on down and show off your bird if you need something to do. I'll be in the maintenance hangar.

I've got about one more day's work to finish my new cowling and engine baffle. I've got a good friend and Pacer driver who bases at Harvey. He and I passed through Cordova a few years back in our Pacers. We should connect. You are also welcome here on Lopez, I'll buy lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had my plane down here I'd jump at the chance. As it is I'm only here for two more weeks, then it's back to the north.
    I met someone here with a 22/20, red if I remember right. Chatted with him for a bit, nice chap.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just finished reading through this thread. Stephen, great work! You're super pacer looks good. Thanks for taking the time to share your progress. I have considered doing the same to my pacer. Below is the image. It needs new fabric so I might as well do it. I would love to find access to any documents and paperwork for the mod. Let me know. I'm willing to help contribute for them. Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Justin,

The STC owned by Audrey Simpson. She charges $1000, it is a very reasonable deal, this is a great mod! You can contact Craig Miller for information. craigcascade at gmail

I can send you a CD with all the drawings. Curt Ammons and myself put the CD together we only asking for a donation made to Shortwing.org.