Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tripacer project for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tripacer project for sale

I have a Tripacer project plane for sale. I've been working on it for the last 5 years. It was flying before I took it home for restoration but kids and now a job transfer has put me in a position that I need to sell this project. This was a great flying plane. The airframe has been stripped and repainted and some fabric has been installed. The elevators and horizontal stabilizers have been recovered and painted in silver. I have enough fabric to finish the aircraft with the stewart system. I have the skylight STC, ruder trim STC, Maul fuel selector STC, Leading Edge exhaust STC (gives 18hp boost and no ADs), and Steve's gascolator STC. The wings are stripped of fabric but no work has been done on them besides removal of the fabric. There are a few ribs that will need repair from small cracks, nothing unusual. The fuselage sits on a really nice rotisserie which can also work for the wings ($1500 cost new). The engine sits on a lycoming mount with wheels, plugs replaced with desiccate and kept refreshed to help keep moisture at bay. I've got tons of money in this but I'm asking $15,000 for everything. email me at twofieros@aol.com or call/text anytime (304) 767-8034. The aircraft is located in Charleston, WV.

piperrocks2013

Default Re: Tripacer project for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Twofieros View Post
    I have a Tripacer project plane for sale. I've been working on it for the last 5 years. It was flying before I took it home for restoration but kids and now a job transfer has put me in a position that I need to sell this project. This was a great flying plane. The airframe has been stripped and repainted and some fabric has been installed. The elevators and horizontal stabilizers have been recovered and painted in silver. I have enough fabric to finish the aircraft with the stewart system. I have the skylight STC, ruder trim STC, Maul fuel selector STC, Leading Edge exhaust STC (gives 18hp boost and no ADs), and Steve's gascolator STC. The wings are stripped of fabric but no work has been done on them besides removal of the fabric. There are a few ribs that will need repair from small cracks, nothing unusual. The fuselage sits on a really nice rotisserie which can also work for the wings ($1500 cost new). The engine sits on a lycoming mount with wheels, plugs replaced with desiccate and kept refreshed to help keep moisture at bay. I've got tons of money in this but I'm asking $15,000 for everything. email me at twofieros@aol.com or call/text anytime (304) 767-8034. The aircraft is located in Charleston, WV.

How Much time on the engine and when was it overhauled??

Jared

Post Thanks / Like

It has 2214.5 total time 775.5 since major overhaul. It was last overhauled 8/14/65. I should also note it was originally 160ho but was downgraded to 150 for the auto gas STC. My plan was to put it back to 160 since auto gas is useless now with the ethanol and with the exhaust system it would be like an o-360.

Post Thanks / Like

This aircraft is going to be parted out. If you want anything let me know. I have enough fabric to cover a plane less the tail feathers since mine are already covered. This plane has the larger instrument panel with the hump. Right now I have everything needed to assemble the plane so if you need it I got it.

Post Thanks / Like

How much do you want for the fabric? How much do you want for the Hydrasorbs ? How much would it be to get the whole panel? Thank You Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Greg, I'm having a hard time figuring out the prices for these things. I think it's best if you shoot me a fair offer and we can work from there. When you say full panel what do you mean? How much fabric do you want? I have almost enough to do the whole plane. I ordered the full amount but already covered the elevators and horizontal stabilizers. I also started to cover the interior of the fuselage. I have the hydrazorbs but the bungies will need replacing as they are quite old at this point..

Post Thanks / Like

Due to the time I have left before I have to move I have placed this project on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142284264301...84.m1558.l2649

The engine is listed separately here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142284257661...84.m1558.l2649

This thing has to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent you an email. Actually sent you two because my fat fingers hit the throttle before I was ready.

Post Thanks / Like

I just sent you a response.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent you an email. Actually sent you two because my fat fingers hit the throttle before I was ready.