Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pa22 Crash

piperrocks2013

Default Pa22 Crash

Pa 22/20 crash last night, including to Facebook everyone is ok, just one person got some broken bones (possibly the pilot).

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-n...s-three-people

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pa22 Crash

WOW!! that is a ugly wreck. amazing they are alive. best wishes to heal up and get back in the air to them

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Brian; 04-23-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Brian for the introduction to Kathryn's Report.

As I looking thought there I saw this. http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2017/0...l-08-2017.html

If you rebuild an airplane, get more that one person to look the finished plane over.

Post Thanks / Like

The cause of this accident has happened way too many times. Very few pilots survive reversed cables.

Any time I have the elevator cables off he first thing I do after reconnecting them is check and re- check they are correct.

Pull the stick back and the elevator goes up, the connector on the bottom cable is against the hard stop at the rudder post. Pushed the stick forward and elevator goes down, the front bottom of the elevator horn is hard against the front stop which is short tube between the upper longerons.

Then do it several more times.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 04-23-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well one of these days I will tell you what it is like to take a C-170B off of a narrow gravel country road with the rudder hooked up backwards after restoration. I will say it gets real interesting when the tail comes up and you start looking at a ditch and a fence.
    A late model C-170B doesn't steer from the rudder horn but from cables that go into the fuselage.
    So the tail wheel steers correct with the rudder pedals.
    It
    Last edited by wyandot jim; 04-23-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Two incidence in Maules with reversed elevator cables lead to an AD to color code the cables both at the elevator and at the bellcrank. Pretty bad when you have to idiot proof the simpleist tasks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Two incidence in Maules with reversed elevator cables lead to an AD to color code the cables both at the elevator and at the bellcrank. Pretty bad when you have to idiot proof the simpleist tasks.
    It's the simplest idiots that you have to watch out for. I speak from the perspective of the idiot.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

piperrocks2013

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    AMAZING! Not sure in the USA, but in Canada any controls replaced, repaired or disconnected requires a dual signature, the second person can be just a pilot. Common sense......

Jared
    Last edited by piperrocks2013; 04-24-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Did that once on an RC model.... similar results. (OUCH!)