Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for Bushmaster drawings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for Bushmaster drawings

I would love to see some pics of the bushmaster Yu have AKbushpacer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Any progress on this? I am looking to purchase some plans and the STC support.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am equally interested in these drawings and the STC. However, I would be forced to pursue the Bushmaster in the experimental category. Subscribed to thread to stay informed.

Post Thanks / Like

last I heard this guy had the reigns on the Bushmaster, or Yakima Aero sport, or Audry Simpson??
    See post #11.

Craig Miller

craigcascade@gmail dot com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Thanks Curt for putting all these drawings together in a disc.

The wing and fuselage stretch STC belongs to:

Audrey Simpson
    PO Box 126
    Gilliam, LA 71029-0126

Although, she prefers people work through:

Craig Miller

Audrey is the wife of one of the STC developers and she is in her 90's.

The drawings cover three other STC's, apparently not owned by Audrey. Two are fuel tank mods to increase fuel capacity and the other is to install an 0-360.

We are missing drawings: SAC-2200, SAC-2100 and SAC-2700. Although, I did my project stretching the wings and fuselage without these missing drawings. We really hope to get all the drawings in one place.
    We now have a complete disc with all the drawings. Audrey is the owner of this STC, she charges $1000 for the STC.

I can send out the disc, the only request is that you make a donation of your choosing to swp.o.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cappt View Post
    last I heard this guy had the reigns on the Bushmaster, or Yakima Aero sport, or Audry Simpson??
    See post #11.

Craig Miller

Audrey Simpson owns this STC.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

So I assume that the drawings never made it to being posted to the "members area"? I've been a lurker for years but only just got around to becoming a paid member so that I could go looking for them. I was interested in looking at the Gear portion of the plans,as well as comparing the rest to one of my other projects, a Blanton conversion from back in the day... James was kind enough to send a few pics of the gear plans(Thanks by the way), but it's difficult to zoom far enough in. If I do decede to go that direction for my conventional gear conversion on this plane, I will of course by the STC(s) from James as I feel they are a great value... I'd love to look over the one he & I were talking about that didn't come with his purchase, the 30 gallon tanks one.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if this ever went anywhere? I'm trying to track down:

Bushmaster Design, LLC 6703 South 234th Street, Suite 300 Kent, WA 98032
    or whoever currently holds STC SA2355NM The 30 gallon tanks STC...

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by cammons3 View Post
    Yep, I contacted Jean-Charles back in January. Seems there was some similar issues he had to what others have experienced regarding disparities with the STC and drawings. Hopefully we can work towards eliminating some of these issues. I'll shoot him another email to see what all he has and whether we can work something out...
    BTW, it looks like Ms Audrey Simpson owns only STC SA819SW. Although her husband may have developed the engineering data, and received approvals for the 30 gallon fuel tanks and O360 engine upgrades, she does not own these STCs (see attachments). This is a pretty convoluted mess, so keep it in mind if you decide to proceed down modifying your plane per these STCs.
    Thanks!!!